Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    Nice. Have you read any of the ICE novels yet? Because you shouldn't read DoD right after TTH. Unless this is a re-read. OST or SW should come next.

Which leads me back to my question. Is there any reason NOT to read SW then TTH then OST? Rather than publication order. Does reading SW before TTH spoil anything? I've heard the argument TO read SW first, but nothing other than publication order as to why not.
    There is a character I can think of who appears in both TtH and SW. But it doesn't really matter.

SW doesent spoil TTH at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    Nice. Have you read any of the ICE novels yet? Because you shouldn't read DoD right after TTH. Unless this is a re-read. OST or SW should come next.

Which leads me back to my question. Is there any reason NOT to read SW then TTH then OST? Rather than publication order. Does reading SW before TTH spoil anything? I've heard the argument TO read SW first, but nothing other than publication order as to why not.
    Yes, I read NoK and RotCG. I already started DoD - I'm reading in publication order. Maybe it's not the best order, but I figure it worked for those who read them as they came out.

And it looks like we get a look at the K'Chain Che'Malle in DoD from reading the prologue. Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by T77; April 17th, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Well I decided to start SW. Little miffed that they bring in all new characters and a new settings, new race, new god/goddess...I'm sure it'll come back to some of the normal stuff soon. But did I miss something? What is this "Fist" place?

Fist is the North-East part of Korelri, the part of it that is controlled by "the Malazans". It looks like a fist on the map.

While there are a lot of new characters, there is also a bunch of returning ones. I donít know how far into the book you are, so you will just have to see.

IMHO Stonewielder is one of the very best books of the Malazan series.

Finished Crippled God. What a great ride. Read the entire main series without a break. Really rewarding experience. I skipped over the Esslemont stuff so there will be a series re-read once he finishes up his stuff.

Somewhere in there there was a mention of a fifth founding race. Just a brief remark but it made me pause. Is it ever mentioned during the series and I forgot about it?

Quote Originally Posted by C-1 View Post
    Fist is the North-East part of Korelri, the part of it that is controlled by "the Malazans". It looks like a fist on the map.

While there are a lot of new characters, there is also a bunch of returning ones. I donít know how far into the book you are, so you will just have to see.

IMHO Stonewielder is one of the very best books of the Malazan series.
    Is my memory that bad? Who is this Fist Rillish? And who is Jheval? I feel like I should know these guys...but I can't place them.

Rillish led the Wickan rebellion in ROTCG, though he himself is Malazan nobility.

Jheval, you will have to wait and see. It will be worth the wait, though you should be able to figure out who he is already.

Rillish led the Wickan rebellion in ROTCG, though he himself is Malazan nobility.

Jheval, you will have to wait and see. It will be worth the wait, though you should be able to figure out who he is already.
    Rillish was the guy that they brought into the wicken camp, then nil and nether wanted him to be their leader because he knew the area?

I'm guessing Jheval is Leoman. But I can't place the morningstar blades he has. Did Leoman have those?

He has always used that type of weapons. Leoman of the Flails you know.

Rillish was made leader because a certain infant chose him, he was considered a very capable commander.
    Last edited by C-1; April 25th, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

He has always used that type of weapons. Leoman of the Flails you know.

Rillish was made leader because a certain infant chose him, he was considered a very capable commander.
    Oh yeah! THAT infant.

Took me a month to read this book! I'm slacking. Just finished SW. Was pretty good actually. I'm still slightly, nay greatly, confused at what the StormRiders are. What they were after. Why they were fighting. And why they fight both Koreli and Malaz isle people. They never really explained... Does he explain later? Maybe OST?

I'm plunging through too. Straight to TtH.

I don't want my Malazan journey to end. When can I expect an Anime adaptation? A TV series on HBO? A LOTR-ish trilogy? Would probably need like 6movies....

Is there anything other than the tor reread out there for reference? I really liked reading through that after a chapter. But I blew by them like 3books ago.

I doubt we'll see movies or TV series. I believe Malazan started as a D&D game, then they wrote a movie script that was never sold and then he wrote GotM, which was rejected by a lot of publishers until one in the UK picked it up. I'm not sure how main stream this would be compared to ASoIaF. It's more high fantasy. I hope I'm wrong and someone like Showtime picks it up to compete with HBO.

As for more Malazan, SE has the first book in the Rake trilogy due this year and I believe ICE has one or two more books to go in this series. And I've heard rumors of a graphic novel. And there are audiobooks due out soon, SE signed a deal recently.

I've never found anything other than the Tor re-read despite much Googling.
    Last edited by T77; May 17th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

On the last few pages of TtH. And wow....Actually pretty much the last 1/3 of this book I've had a hard time putting down. Amazing stuff. I hope the last two are like this. Everything is coming to a head and things are happening!