Results 1 to 15 of 30
Thread: Top ten scenes
May 27th, 2011, 11:51 AM #1
Top ten scenes
Kay, let's just kick back and enjoy a good movie.
I mean, series.
Thinking in terms of bringing the book to life, general entertainment, cinematics, bringing characters to life, etc. What are your top ten favourite scenes, so far?
Arya and Syrio #1
Tyron slaps Joffrey and
Robert slaps Cersei 8D
Robert, Ned and Lancel
Poor kid can't say anything right. But it's funny.
Yoren and Tyrion
Summer saving Bran and Cat
Dany and Doreah
The Tourney #2
Loras' trick and The Mountain vs The Hound.
Viserys' actor was amazing.
Also, a mention to the Night's Watch vow-taking scene and the River Playfight.
I wish I could have loved The Winterfell Feast, too... But seemed a bit, cramped and pointless.
May 27th, 2011, 12:40 PM #2
I have a fifth scene I'd like to add to the previous four I agree with. It's the one in the very first episode where Bran Stark and Jon Snow watch Ned execute that deserter. I think it's a key scene that explains a lot of the series in perhaps a symbolic manner, but also what Ned is like and how he thinks.
Oh, a sixth too. The scene with Ned and King Robert having a real man's girly picnic by the side of the road, where they discuss whores. That was funny.
May 27th, 2011, 01:51 PM #3
- Join Date
- Sep 2003
- Rhode Island, USA
- Blog Entries
I really liked the farewell scene between Jon Snow and Eddard Stark. Very well done by both actors.
May 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
1. Ned vs. Jaime
2. Varys and Littlefingers' conversation
3. Tywin's introduction
4. Viserys' crowning
5. End of episode 7 (not sure if spoilers are allowed for that ep)
6. Tyrion captured
7. Syrio's introduction
8. "The things I do for love"
9. Ned declaring Tywin a traitor (not sure why I loved this part so much)
10. Bronn's victory and Tyrion's release
May 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM #5
I was really looking forward to hearing Ballaide de Mercy, Cheer... But maybe they decided to make CC members of the Brotherhood without Banners or something, or the Bloody Mummers. 8D -Wishes hard-
Anyways, I forgot Tywin! He is amazing! His introduction was...well, bleh. Nothing happened. I mean, It shouldn't be a great scene in any way - BUT IT WAS.
Jaime getting told was fun, too.
As for episode 7, I'd go for spoiler tags because not everyone's seen it. All though I think I said in the other thread it frustraited me a little to watch the plot played out.
May 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM #6
I don't know if I'll reach 10, but I'll chuck in a few not yet mentioned.
- the arrival at the Eyrie, specifically the first encounter with the utter toe-curling teeth-gnashing watch-between-the-fingers wrongness of Lysa and Robin. *Shudder*
- Ned fondly watching Arya's dancing lessons, then his face falling as memories of what swordfighting is really about come flooding back.
- Tyrion atop the Wall, peeing off the edge of the world.
- Jon growing into himself, and "taking command" of his peers at Castle Black for the common good. Very Stark.
- Lords Baelish and Varys sparking off each other in the throne room, revelling in their wicked scheming and trying to outdo each other as übervillain.
- "Oh wait - I just realised...I don't care."
May 27th, 2011, 03:27 PM #7
Some that haven't been mentioned:
- The conversation between Cersei and Robert where Robert admits Cersei never had a chance against the memory of Lyanna.
- Ned and Arya's shared reaction to "I don't want someone brave, gentle and strong, I want him!"
- Dany forcing down the horse heart.
- Catelyn pointing out all her father's bannermen then calling for them to arrest Tyrion.
- "You do not fight with honor!" "He did."