Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top ten scenes

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    Cheerwell,
    I'm not sure where you are 'stepping in' from, but I don't think my post is inappropriate in any way. I have no connection to any of the arguments over the scene you mentioned..
    My apologies, I thought you were referring to that particular event.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Too tired and drunk to post my top 10 just yet... but I already love this thread! I'll get back to y'all.

I agree that that line would have been amazing in the first episode. Maybe Ned will say it to someone else. He and Arya have a nice bond in the show and I'd like to see him speak to her before he goes.

I'd also say that I don't think anyone's meaning the manlove, just the creepy armpit shaving. xD

I would have liked to see the Feast after the Tourney, too. A lot of chances for fun there. Joffrey could have shown his dark side (which would have made him giving Sansa a necklace more meaningful). Could have got some drunken Hound, and of course, I know Addy would have been hallerious.

I also forgot a lot of these which were amazing, but I'll say the Old Nan scene fer sure. She told that tale like a pro.

I also really liked the Wildling scene in the Wolfswood, despite the lack of wolves. I really like Ousha (especailly when she's speaking to Lewin, too), she looks spooked.

Blog Entries
    Cheerwell,
    No apology necessary. We're all just here to discuss books we love and what we love and don't love about them. It's all good.

3rdI - The scene with the fight between Sandor and Gregor would have been a top scene for me too except for one thing that jumped out at me. When Robert yelled for them to stop fighting The Hound INSTANTLY dropped to one knee in submission to the command of the King. Instantly! (???) That simply did not seem at all like the way Sandor would comply to anyone's command. Ofcourse he would comply, but not instantly to a knee with head bowed like that. No way. That was just not in keeping with the character at all. Gregor reacted much more in keeping with his character I thought. Still a great scene though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post

3rdI - The scene with the fight between Sandor and Gregor would have been a top scene for me too except for one thing that jumped out at me. When Robert yelled for them to stop fighting The Hound INSTANTLY dropped to one knee in submission to the command of the King. Instantly! (???) That simply did not seem at all like the way Sandor would comply to anyone's command. Ofcourse he would comply, but not instantly to a knee with head bowed like that. No way. That was just not in keeping with the character at all. Gregor reacted much more in keeping with his character I thought. Still a great scene though.
    In the first book, that's how he was. He was an obidient dog, with a snarky mouth.

Plus, I liked that bit because it was more of him mocking Gregor. (As in he used the kneel to dodge the blow Gregor was going to deliver, which then went right over his head.) Gregor got flustered. xD

Blog Entries
    I just re-read the first book and still don't see him instantly obeying Robert like that. He was never Robert's creature.

However as you mentioned, I could see him doing it to irk and show up Gregor ... I need to watch the scene again.

in no particular order

1. bronn's duel.

"you don't fight with honor"
    "no. he did"

awesome.

2. khal drogo going irate over the attempt on dany's life

3. viserys' "crowning"
    they really portrayed this scene just as i imagined. and viserys' smile when he thinks he's getting what he always wanted actually made me feel for the guy, just like in the book.

4. sandor v gregor and the cutting of his horse's head
    i especially loved how sandor ducks gregor's swing by bowing to the king

5. littlefinger and varys' argument

6. arya's first "dancing" lesson
    i just really loved the actor who played syrior

7. tyrion's confession

8. cersei and robert's conversation

9. jaime v eddard

10. tyrion slapping joffrey.
    nothing could be more satisfying. well, almost.

i love this show. i don't really remember what they've changed from the books and what they haven't, but either way it's worked great, even if the books did everything better. i have enjoyed the added scenes however, i thought they did a solid job with them and that they fit perfectly with the tone of the series.

Hmmm, my favorite scene has not been mentioned!

Jon and Sam discussing their respective virginities, for me this was a touching, well executed, funny, and revealing scene. Sam in particular is pitch perfect for me.

There are so many great scenes in this series, and most of my favourites have already been mentioned.

One I haven't seen mentioned, is when Viserys is choked by Rakharo after he threatened Daenerys. It's just great to see how Viserys reacts to being humilated like that, and his expression when Jorah refuses to obey his command.

I really like Rakharo, and I like his interactions with Irri, in the two scenes where they talk to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayne View Post
    There are so many great scenes in this series, and most of my favourites have already been mentioned.

One I haven't seen mentioned, is when Viserys is choked by Rakharo after he threatened Daenerys. It's just great to see how Viserys reacts to being humilated like that, and his expression when Jorah refuses to obey his command.

I really like Rakharo, and I like his interactions with Irri, in the two scenes where they talk to each other.
    Yeah, I like that they are fleshing him out. His scene with Jorah was quite nice, too.

Rogue Warrior
    Yeah y'all nailed most the best ones, I really like the Drogo scenes, Viserys crown, and when hes getting all wound up in front of his horde. Jason Momoa nailed Drogo.

Registered User SisterChristian's Avatar
    Well, I'm reviving this discussion, because there are a lot of good scenes in season 3. My favourite scenes so far are:

- All the Jaime & Brienne's Road Movie scenes

- Pretty much every scene with the Queen of Thorns, but especially the one with Varys

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    good picks.

"Did you send the ravens, Sam?" that opened the season should be there, too.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a top 10 list or anything, but Jaime's scene with Brienne in the baths in the Kissed By Fire episode is a top one for me. Very well done by both of them. Even though Brienne doesn't say much, you can see a lot on her face there. And Nicolai Coster-Waldau is hitting it out of the park this season.

There are a lot of good scenes. But a truly great scene doesn't happen very often, and it shouldn't. But the great scenes so far, IMO.

Little Finger and Varys' chat. The dramatized one.

When Dany buys the slaves, speaks his language, then commands her black to spit fire.

When Khal Drogo decides to attack Westeros after they tried to assassinate Dany.

I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting, but these stand out to me. The rest that you all mentioned are very good scenes, but these were amazing imo.