King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar

West of Eden - Harrison.

Anyone read this series?

A world where the age of Dinosaurs never ended, and their descendants clashed with a clan of humans in a tragic war for survival. )Back Cover)

I picked it up, but curious about it. Any comments?

Keyoke

I haven't read it, but it sounds interesting. Let us know what you think of it after you've read it....I may want to pick it up.

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Will do, but, if you do see the book, you may want to grab it just in case. As far as I know the book is out of print. It's a Trilogy.. I know they are re-printing it, but, it's Trade paperback..so, it's gonna to be $$$..

Keyoke

I read West of Eden many years ago and found it totally absorbing. One of the intriguing ideas I recall from the story was how the highly intelligent dinosaurs had developed a technology based on the engineering of life-forms. Their main handheld weapon, for example, looked like a rifle but was, in fact, a living creature that would fire a bullet using an internal reservoir of compressed air (if I remember correctly). Sea-going transport vessels were actually specially evolved marine creatures. It was genetic engineering on a macro scale before the term even existed. I was quite young at the time but the concept had a lasting effect on me.