Results 1 to 15 of 72
March 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM #1
HBO's Game of Thrones Season 3 (EXTREME SPOILERS FOR ALL ASOIAF BOOKS!!!)
Here we will discuss Season Three of HBO's A Game of Thrones, adapted mostly from book three of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Storm of Swords.
Thread to be opened by a moderator after the first episode airs on March 31
April 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM #2
Game of Thrones Season 3 Discussion [SPOILERS FOR *EVERYTHING*]
Discussion for Season Three of HBO's Game of Thrones, which allows for spoilers of the books, past and future episodes and other related materials.
You have been warned.
April 1st, 2013, 05:09 PM #3
Here we go, the return of my crazy list of random things I noticed.
1. Go on, my son! Go on!
2. Don't think this ever happened in the book. Sure sign the dead folk are gonna have a bigger part to play?
3. Oh. Just a nightmare.
4. Still love the theme!
5. Wooo, Ygritte!
6. Giant looked a bit fake. Oy.
7. Looks like a folk metal gig, doesn't it?
8. ALL HAIL OOLIUS KAISAR
9. i am jon snow i look blank all of the time i know nothing
10. oh sex.
12. lol bronn
13. Tyrion really doesn't look that much different. Shame.
14. Nod to the books there with Cersei's "Not as bad as I'd been told"?
15. Hahaha! "You must be proud to be as funny as a man whose balls brush his knees". Excellent.
16. "That's exactly who I am!" Oh, Bronn!
17. Oooh, ouch. I think the Onion Knight needs some moisturiser.
18. Yesssss a mention of Melisandre!
19. Rob(b) looking a bit serious.
20. Good timing with the coughing there, innit?
21. Tyrion giving Tywin a good poking over things.
22. Wow, Tywin. That was a bit out of line.
23. Sansa looking and seeming a lot more mature this time around. Already like her more than the book version now.
24. Littlefinger! Ew! I can see the slime!
25. BGAWK. BGAWK. AM A DRAGON FLAP FLAP FLAP
27. Sounds like me when the sexy bits come on.
29. Gods he looks a bit petulant, doesn't he?
30. And strangely emotional.
31. Melisandre! <3
32. Not sure we need to see the Red Cleavage though.
33. Ugh sodding Joffrey
34. Lady Marjorie?
35. Margaery? Why have I just noticed the 'soft' g?
36. I still hate her.
37. Bugger off, Queen of Boobs. Bugger right off. Please.
38. WHERE'S BRIENNE DANG IT
39. Oh look more boobs
40. MY LADY
41. MY LADY
42. MY LADY
42a. MY LADY
43. Isn't Loras pale blonde?
44. Bugger off Joffrey.
45. And you, Cersei.
46. oh i am so snooty listen to me waffle about boring stuff whilst the dress shows my boobs
47. Oh, finally! Adverts!
48. But not a break from boobs it seems, it's Dany.
49. She's the Mother of Boobs.
50. For eunuchs they have deep voices.
51. Gods above, will someone get these women costumes that cover their boobs a bit better?
52. Bloody hell, that was the least conspicuous stalker ever.
53. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Big bug big bug big bug
54. Like I've always said, Daenerys is stupid.
55. Oh. Okay.
That's it from me for this episode.
April 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM #4
Welcome back, Loerwin!.
- We want Boobs! more Boobs please! BOOOOOBS! (I'm just winding you up ).
- Ciaran is the Boss. So glad to have him up North
- Where's Aria? I want more Aria and Bran. Brienne too, if you please.
- Dragon CGI looks good, better than Dany's unbleached eyebrows. Looking forward to more dragonfire.
April 3rd, 2013, 02:11 PM #5
April 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM #6
double post, sorry
Last edited by SisterChristian; April 3rd, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
April 3rd, 2013, 02:22 PM #7
April 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM #8
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Landskrona, Sweden
April 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM #9
Shae seems so much nicer in the TV show, I wonder if they'll have her betray Tyrion.
And what I forgot earlier: I can't wait for the Red Wedding, I'm so over Robb with his stupid wife. I like Robb alone, but his stupidity where his wife is concerened makes me mad (that was less the case in the books).
April 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM #10
April 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM #11
April 5th, 2013, 12:19 AM #12
My Episode 1 rating is 4 or 4.5/5.
Best scene was Tywin/Tyrion, without a doubt. It felt like it was lifted straight from the page.
Coolest moment was the giant. Also loved the introduction of Ciaran Hinds as Mance.
Can't wait for the rest of the season!
Last edited by Evil Agent; September 8th, 2013 at 11:56 PM.
April 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM #13
The funniest bit ended up being my daughter asking me about Missandei, the slave sale translator, a beautiful adult black woman, because she'd heard others were excited at the characters' appearance in the show, and I told her that she was probably part of Danys' entourage but I couldn't recall her character (not to mention remember all the names.) So we looked her up and then it was, oh yes, her, didn't remember her because in the books she's an eleven year old girl. When they do stuff like that, it throws me off, though not as much of a head-scratcher as Rob's wife. By comparison, the use of Roz the imaginary prostitute is a breeze. A good start, I think. They could have made Tyrion's scar a bit worse, really, and the budget didn't quite go far enough for mastadons yet, but still, lovely visuals, good use of set up, in jokes, and of course, boobs.
April 8th, 2013, 04:09 AM #14
Is Missandei the one who tries to get off with Dany, or am I thinking of one of Dany's other maids?
April 8th, 2013, 05:10 PM #15
Boy, Bran has grown quite a bit in between seasons!
And finally Jojen and Meera showed up! Like a season late ...