Hybrid View

Your favourite characters, do they differ?

What i mean is, are your favourite characters in the TV series the same as they were in the book?

For example, personally i never liked Eddard Stark, his honor always getting in the way of what i thought were the more rational decisions annoyed me way too much. And i found his dialogue a little dry, to be honest. But here, portrayed by one of my favourite actors, Sean Bean, he's maybe my favourite of the cast just because of the fact that it's Sean Bean and he's done such an admirable job.

anyway, my favourite characters of the first book were

Tyrion
    Arya
    Jon
    The Hound
    Dany

but in the series my favourite characters have been

Eddard

Littlefinger - like Eddard has become my favourite because of his fantastic portrayal. he's just perfect.

Viserys - again. i just felt he played the part of an angry, spoiled brat to perfection, so much so that i actually liked him for all the wrong reasons, and when he tries to steal the eggs i sympathized with him, as i did at the very end. in the books not so much

Jaime - same deal as Viserys really. he manages to hit the right balance of arrogance and charm so that i find him endearing rather than annoying like i did in the books (until book 3)

Tyrion is the only favourite of mine from the books that remains a favourite in the show.

I think it's amazing how an actor can completely change my perspective on certain characters through their acting talent and demeanor. Anyway, discuss. Am i the only one who the series had this effect on?

I feel that Cersei is too "nice" in the series. I thought that she'd be MUCH more well... evil/manipulating in the series

I liked Samwell in the books, but love him in the TV show. Jaime vies with Tyrion for my favorite character from the books slot, but that was not the case until a long way down the line, with Jaime's development, etc. I probably enjoy Jaime more as a character in the TV show than I did in the books at this point.

I think they are all good. I agree that Cersei could be a bit meaner but then you don't really understand the depth of her scheming in book 1.

Some of the ages are way off though. Jon Snow is supposed to be 14 ...yeah, right! Rob, 15 ...

I'd love to punch the Joffrey character full in the face so they have him spot on!

Hodor, Littlefinger, Lysa and John Umber are better in the books

Viserys, Arya, Syrio and Thorne are better than I imagined

Robb, Jorah and Shagga were disappointing at first, eventually greatly improved

Rogue Warrior
    Yeah I'm amazed how good these actors nailed these characters so good! Its hard to remember exactly how I pictured everybody now.
    Like Mark Addy as King Robert? I didn't like the idea of that, but he did a pretty good job playing him.