What i mean is, are your favourite characters in the TV series the same as they were in the book?

For example, personally i never liked Eddard Stark, his honor always getting in the way of what i thought were the more rational decisions annoyed me way too much. And i found his dialogue a little dry, to be honest. But here, portrayed by one of my favourite actors, Sean Bean, he's maybe my favourite of the cast just because of the fact that it's Sean Bean and he's done such an admirable job.

anyway, my favourite characters of the first book were

Tyrion
Arya
Jon
The Hound
Dany

but in the series my favourite characters have been

Eddard

Littlefinger - like Eddard has become my favourite because of his fantastic portrayal. he's just perfect.

Viserys - again. i just felt he played the part of an angry, spoiled brat to perfection, so much so that i actually liked him for all the wrong reasons, and when he tries to steal the eggs i sympathized with him, as i did at the very end. in the books not so much

Jaime - same deal as Viserys really. he manages to hit the right balance of arrogance and charm so that i find him endearing rather than annoying like i did in the books (until book 3)

Tyrion is the only favourite of mine from the books that remains a favourite in the show.

I think it's amazing how an actor can completely change my perspective on certain characters through their acting talent and demeanor. Anyway, discuss. Am i the only one who the series had this effect on?