Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow! I wondered if anyone would know what I was talking about. I first read about "Gladiator" in the late 1960's from a book by Sam Moskowitz that was in my local library. Then a few months later I found a lancer paperback at a bus station near my home. The similarities to superman are startling! You can down load a copy of this excellent novel from this site. http://manybooks.net/titles/wyliepother07gladiator.html

A house on a hill somewhere in Australia.
    Blog Entries
    Avengers. God yes. Funny as hell, too. And Joss Whedon was a great choice of director. And the guy who played Hulk hit it out of the ball park.

Though how did they communicate without actual devices in the showdown? They pressed their ears, but there wasn't actually anything there. Unless SHIELD have invisible comms devices. Which makes sense, actually, since their whole floating fortress turned invisible.

Not sure if I like it better than Xmen First Class, though. I'd say about even. Both very good, especially considering the majority of these movies aren't particularly brilliant. I have hope for the comic book movie thanks to these two.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDan View Post
    Avengers. God yes. Funny as hell, too. And Joss Whedon was a great choice of director. And the guy who played Hulk hit it out of the ball park.

Though how did they communicate without actual devices in the showdown? They pressed their ears, but there wasn't actually anything there. Unless SHIELD have invisible comms devices. Which makes sense, actually, since their whole floating fortress turned invisible.

Not sure if I like it better than Xmen First Class, though. I'd say about even. Both very good, especially considering the majority of these movies aren't particularly brilliant. I have hope for the comic book movie thanks to these two.
    I loved both X-men First Classand Avengers. Avengers was more entertaining, but I think overall X-Men first class was a better movie, if that makes any sense. The dynamic between Xavier and magneto was amazing. Kevin Bacon was a better villian and wolverine's cameo was perfect.

According to me I love comic movies so my favorite comic movies are Black Mask, Young and Dangerous, The Storm Riders, Dragon Tiger Gate and The Storm Warriors