Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

comic movies

Dark Knight and X-Men 1 & 2 and Iron Man.

I like Batman's The Dark Knight, Arkham City, Thor, Captain America movies.

The new Avengers movie is fantastic! My wife and I both stayed up with our two teenagers and went to see the midnight premier last Thursday. I had no trouble staying awake. Like Captain America it definitely entertains.

Blog Entries
    Just a personal beef but I'm sick to death of Comic book movies. Why do summer movies have to flooded with such mindless dreck? While I'm not in favor of stamping them out altogether I do believe the genre is way overdone! Do we really need this many multiple Batman, Spiderman, Ironman movies?
    That being said I did enjoy V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Sin City (solely for the Mickey Rourke sequence), and The Dark Knight (solely due to Heath Ledger's magnificent performance as the Joker). Most of the rest are nearly interchangable as far as plotline or intelligence is concerned.

Saw a few more since I posted earlier.

I liked Thor. Captain America was fairly good but didn't knock it out of the park.

I really enjoyed X-Men First Class - was better than X-Men III.

The second Iron Man was ok, but not as strong as the first one.

I really did enjoy the Incredibles and MegaMind is one of my favourite movies ever. MegaMind is seriously underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
    MegaMind is one of my favourite movies ever. MegaMind is seriously underrated.
    Eh. I disagree, sort of. It's a good film but if you've ever seen a film with Will Ferrell in lead then it's just another Will Ferrell film. I think I noticed a lot of similarities with the Anchorman film, and that limited my enjoyment of it.

But Megamind and The Incredibles aren't comic book movies, although the latter does have official comics now

Well working within the superhero idiom I would say that the Incredibles is a better superteam movie than the actual Fantastic Four movie by quite a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Well working within the superhero idiom I would say that the Incredibles is a better superteam movie than the actual Fantastic Four movie by quite a stretch.
    Pun intended or not?

If someone were to ask me, "What is it about Marvel Comics? What's made them endure all this time?" I'd simply buy them a ticket to The Avengers and say, "Watch." It's the quintessential Marvel movie, and while it may not have dethroned The Incredibles as my favorite super-hero movie, it's definitely hanging around the throne room.

I'm surprised there's no love for The Punisher, with Thomas Jane. I thought it was a well done, low-budget flick that did it's job well. And one of my biggest disappointments was Spawn.

I watch The Incredibles all the time... don't know what it is about that movie that I enjoy.

Oh, and the Captain America from the 80s was not well done.

Saw the Avengers and really enjoyed it. Joss Whedon had a nice touch with it with plenty of humour and good action.

Enjoyed Iron Man's first meeting with Thor and this movie had the best Hulk I had ever seen.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txshusker View Post
    I watch The Incredibles all the time... don't know what it is about that movie that I enjoy.
    I do too, and I know why: Robert's need to be the hero and escape his dull existence; dealing with past mistakes; Helen's struggle to keep the family together; and the family's pulling together in adversity and working as a team.

Not to mention the stylized world and Bond-esque score, the humor and Dash's sheer delight at being able to run on water!

Blog Entries
    I'm fond of The Incredibles myself. My daughter remarked one time how the superhero traits match each family member. The father having to be the strong one. The mother having to stretch herself to cover the many family needs. The embarassed teenage daughter who just wants to be invisible. The troublemaking, hyperactive little boy too quick to keep track of and finally the totally unpredictable baby whose moods can swing from sweet and cute one moment to downright devilish the next! Very true to life!

They should never make another superman movie. The movie I would like to see made would be about Hugo Danner.

Quote Originally Posted by raggedyman View Post
    They should never make another superman movie. The movie I would like to see made would be about Hugo Danner.
    Awesome! Another Hugo Danner fan. I thought I was the only one here. Gladiator was an amazing book.

And many people believed it influenced the creators of Superman.