Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    What's even more annoying is when you get variations in 'B' and 'A' formats. As you can just tell from my image, Among the Ghosts (On the right) is shorter than the others

Should really get back to Shadows of the Apt one day, actually.
    Ditto. Trying to get some momentum going on Name of the Wind though. There always seems to be something more pressing to read.

My favourite A/B-class story is how Transworld Bantam suddenly switched to the B-class for the paperbacks of the Malazan Book of the Fallen with Book 8 of the series. However, because the format is apparently unacceptable in Canada, their international mmpb editions of the book had to remain in A-class. This has led to Malazan fans demanding bookshelf continuity ordering the British paperbacks from Canada to keep things the same.

What's even odder is that Bantam haven't yet switched the rest of the series over, so if you're buying the series new in the UK, Books 1-7 are still in A-class and 8-9 (and presumably 10 in a couple of months) are in B-class, causing much confusion.

I did notice that, Adam. Well, as much as one can notice it in Waterstone's when they have about three of them

Harper Voyager did it with the reissue of ASoIaF, I think. The tie-in edition of AGoT is B format, I think the rest are A.

Quote Originally Posted by algernoninc View Post
    A similar fate is reserved for Thalric, another character that I though initially was rather cardboard and predictable.
    Really? I'm only halfway through the first book and it already seems like he has something in store for Thalric besides being a generic bad guy. It's fairly obvious he is having second thoughts about the empire.

BTW really like the book so far. At this point I find it better then alot of the mainstays around here like Abercrombie, Sanderson, Weeks, though I do have alot to read still.

Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    My favourite A/B-class story is how Transworld Bantam suddenly switched to the B-class for the paperbacks of the Malazan Book of the Fallen with Book 8 of the series.
    Well, apparently Shadows of the Apt would take that path a book earlier - the seventh book in the series is going to be released as B-format. As are the new editions of the first 6 books with the new cover art.

Sadly, there isn't a canadian edition that I could get to match my six books...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I am wondering if Pyr will be continuing the series. Book 5, The Scarab Path, is the most recent/last installment they've published and I haven't seen anything about books 6 and 7 coming out from them.

I've only read the first one, liked it (but didn't love it) and plan on continuing with the series.
    For the time being it doesn't look as if Pyr is continuing the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    That's a shame, but I wonder if it's due to sales? Pyr released trade paperbacks behind the UK release schedule, which meant it was cheaper (and arguably quicker) for US readers to import the UK editions through sites like The Book Depository.

Might be remedied in the future, though, we'll have to wait and see.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I've been getting them directly from BD. It's a series that I'm just not going to wait around for, plus I already have the first 6 in the Tor covers, so....

I have ordered the first six books of this series from Book Depository. I want to order HEIRS OF THE BLADE from BD, but, at the moment, the book is unavailable. Does anyone know the reason it is unavailable there, but the book is available through Amazon.co.uk.

I live in the United States, and I really do not want to order from Amazon.co.uk because I would also have to pay for shipping.

There's something more, I don't know epic and sweeping, about Dragonfly Falling than I felt was present in Empire in Black and Gold. Even though I'm only reading in rather short clips, Tchaikovsky is maintaining that grand, sweeping feel to the story.

Blog Entries
    So, i am now reading Dragonfly falling... and i must say, Totho is breaking my heart.

does anyone wonder if there are any kinden underground. looking at the other places you could find them [the sea watch], one wonders where the earthworm kinden are.

also, in the cities of the nem, whipspider kinden?

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    There's the giant Mole Cricket kinden, with their ability tu dissolve stone

There's the giant Mole Cricket kinden, with their ability tu dissolve stone
    they still live on the surface though.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by assasin View Post
    does anyone wonder if there are any kinden underground. looking at the other places you could find them [the sea watch], one wonders where the earthworm kinden are.

also, in the cities of the nem, whipspider kinden?
    the last book (#10 written but tbp 2014 only) is called Seal of the Worm (or such), so I guess we will find out by then...