Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Doctor is in.
    Can anyone clear up the size/availability for me? I've got the trade paperback (9x6" = 23x15 cm) editions of the first five books.

It looks like I can get a similar size book from Amazon Canada for books 7&8. This is pretty pricey (over $20 a book with shipping to the US) for paperbacks.

I can't find book 6 - Sea Watch, in anything but small, mass market size.

Questions:

1. Was book six ever published in the 9x6" format? If so, anyone know who is carrying it?

2. Amazon US lists books 7&8 as published -- but doesn't actually carry them. Is the US release date later, or why are these so hard to find?

http://tinyurl.com/363ogv DurzoBlint's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tpetty View Post
    Can anyone clear up the size/availability for me? I've got the trade paperback (9x6" = 23x15 cm) editions of the first five books.

It looks like I can get a similar size book from Amazon Canada for books 7&8. This is pretty pricey (over $20 a book with shipping to the US) for paperbacks.

I can't find book 6 - Sea Watch, in anything but small, mass market size.

Questions:

1. Was book six ever published in the 9x6" format? If so, anyone know who is carrying it?

2. Amazon US lists books 7&8 as published -- but doesn't actually carry them. Is the US release date later, or why are these so hard to find?
    Not sure if it is the right size, math being my downfall, but book depository has The Sea Watch on sale for $11.12+ free shipping. Here are the dimensions:

Format: Paperback
    Number of pages: 480
    Width: 111 mm
    Height: 178 mm
    Thickness: 48 mm
    Weight: 386 g

Good luck, I know what it is like to complete a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by tpetty View Post
    Questions:

Pyr stopped publishing the books after the fifth. Six, Seven and Eight have not had US releases, and instead you're looking at the UK editions, which were published by Tor UK.

The Doctor is in.
    Anyone know if US release is planned? By who, and size if known?

I genuinely have no idea. The series has been a bit of a mess as of late. Pyr appeared to stop after the fifth and Tor UK changed format with the seventh or eighth book, and then reissued the previous books in a different format.

I'll see if I can find anything out, though.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    I genuinely have no idea. The series has been a bit of a mess as of late. Pyr appeared to stop after the fifth and Tor UK changed format with the seventh or eighth book, and then reissued the previous books in a different format.

I'll see if I can find anything out, though.
    in a comment on his blog in the last few months, Mr. Tchaikovsky noted that US rights were still not sold as of then; the trouble as always is that once a series has a publisher that drops it, further volumes are very, very unlikely to be picked up by another publisher until the rights revert and that publisher can pick all volumes up, so if Pyr does not continue the series, there is a chance volumes 6-10 won't be published in the US until the US rights to 1-5 revert and a publisher can reissue all 10 volumes at once

Of course there are exceptions - if a series takes off for example, a bigger publisher may take on further volumes as Joe Abercrombie was originally published in the US by Pyr and then when the First law took off, Hachette kept the rights in-house, with Gollancz as before in the UK and Orbit in the US (note that in the UK Hachette has 2 sff imprints, Gollancz, senior, and orbit UK, junior,, but in the US it has Orbit, main, and Grand Central which publishes some sff towards the literary end, so many big sff titles have a Gollancz/UK, Orbit/US release)
    Last edited by suciul; September 24th, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Ah, fair enough.