Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Casting Ideas Season 2/3

Who would you like to see play the key players in season 2/3 of GOT?

i personally imagined davos as something like mads mikkelson, and melisandre as someone like january jones. mads mikkelson doesn't give enough of that 'average joe' kind of vibe that i got from davos though, but he's pretty awesome, so i dunno.

i have no idea who could play stannis...

as for theon's father. this guy.

but hey i'm not a casting director, what do i know . what would be your suggestions anyway? feel free to do whichever, and how many characters as you want.

In an ideal world and a limitless budget and no clashing:

Stannis Baratheon - Mark Strong
    Balon Greyjoy - Ian McShane
    Davos Seaworth - Dominic West
    Brienne of Tarth - Eva Damen

Maybe one or two of them a real possibility

Davos - Vincent Gallo (from Buffalo 66)
    Damphair - Peter Capaldi (from In the Loop)
    Strong Belwas - Byronn Minss (from Black Dynamite)

Apparently the IMDB page for episode 10 lists (or listed, it looks like it's gone now) Gerard Butler as Stannis. Though it's not really confirmation of anything, that would be fantastic.

Here's a link to the story on Warming Glow (site may be slightly NSFW. I don't have a problem but you never know...)

Pretty sure that's already been proven to be a hoax. Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_87 View Post
    Pretty sure that's already been proven to be a hoax. Thank God.
    booooooooooooooooo. I thought it was a great idea.

(this! is! WESTEROS!!!) heh.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Damphair - Peter Capaldi (from In the Loop)
    OH. MY. GOD.

Oh my actual God.

Mars, you are now officially the greatest poster in all the illustrious history of SFFW, and possibly of the entire internet.

I just saw a post on GRRM's Facebook page saying that HBO had cast Alan Rickman as Stannis. Can anybody confirm or deny.

I personally think he would be perfect, and is a little higher profile actor than what I would have expected. Great news if true, IMO at least.

Never mind. I misread. What I saw was a facebook page that somebody made, saying that they should cast Alan Rickman.
    While I agree with this, it's a pipe dream. He's way too big an actor to play what amounts to not a main character in a cable series.

Stringer for Jaqen, they're completely different. Excellent idea for Brienne.

Quote Originally Posted by kged View Post
    Mars, you are now officially the greatest poster in all the illustrious history of SFFW, and possibly of the entire internet.
    You're right

I don't know many obscure actors tough

that guy that played Brutus in Rome could be a decent choice

Peter Capaldi is a reasonably high-profile actor (though moreso in the UK than the US). I doubt he'd do a role with one scene in Season 2, then maybe a couple more in Season 5, then he might be back in Season 8 (assuming ADWD and ASoS are two seasons each) to do a couple more. In fact, it's more likely they'll drop Aeron altogether from Season 2 and only introduce him in Season 5 when he has more to do.

That's why I suggested him for Daxos (aka that guy who looks after Dany in Qarth, keeps trying to get her dragons and eventually tells her to get stuffed when he can't get them). He has a lot more screentime in Season 2 and:

Mild ADWD spoiler
    Spoiler:
    According to a preview chapter, he crops up again in ADWD.

Blog Entries
    I think the series could use a dose of Viggo Mortenson.

I think he would be a good choice for Stannis, but would make an excellent Jaqen H'Ghar too.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    i personally imagined davos as something like mads mikkelson, and melisandre as someone like january jones. mads mikkelson doesn't give enough of that 'average joe' kind of vibe that i got from davos though, but he's pretty awesome, so i dunno.
    January Jones? Not good. I love her in Mad Men but after seeing X-Men First Class, I am starting to suspect that what always seemed like great acting on her part (that bored, not quite there attitude of a miserable housewife) might be all she's got. Maybe it's not great acting so much as just how she is. And that wouldn't really fly for Mellisandre.

Season 2 Cast [so far]

Hey guys.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/h...season-2/86984

A friend sent me this article which keeps check of who they have cast so far. I am unsure if someone has posted this up already or not, I know there is an ideas thread, but... Hope it helps.

People to note, I would guess are Dotrice! Yey!

Oh, and that lady everyone wanted as Melissandre didn't get it... Lame. x( Did she not want it, or...? What?

PS: Who the hells Alten Lannister?

Quote Originally Posted by Luya Sevrein View Post
    PS: Who the hells Alten Lannister?
    Check this post.