Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    FYI, apparently Eva Damen has confirmed that she will not be playing Brienne.
    Interesting. Where did that come up?

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Interesting. Where did that come up?
    Re-tweeted by WiC.net a few days ago: RT @EvaOnStage Tnx for Brienne support! It won't be me but surely a terrific actress who will outshine us all! Stay tuned for my projects.
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    This is getting to be almost funny now. I'm surprised we haven't heard about anyone else being cast really they should be filming by now shouldn't they?
    Filming starts in exactly 3 weeks. Last year, the casting news all started pouring in right about now (but there are far less new roles this time) so I expect some news very soon.

Casting Clues...

Clues from GRRM are pointing heavily towards Gwendoline Christie as Brienne. Not confirmed yet...

Yup, Christie (probably) as Brienne and Gemma Whelen looks to be confirmed as Asha Greyjoy (except she may be renamed as 'Yara' for the TV show).

I think that's been mostly - but not completely - debunked by Eccleston's filming schedule being quite hectic over the period GoT is filming. It's not impossible, as they could film all the Dragonstone stuff right at the end of filming in December or January, but it seems very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Werthead View Post
    Yup, Christie (probably) as Brienne and Gemma Whelen looks to be confirmed as Asha Greyjoy (except she may be renamed as 'Yara' for the TV show).
    I remember finding it odd that Martin would have an "Osha" and an "Asha" as fairly prominent characters.

she doesn't have time to build muscles, probably won't matter in this season, just needs an impressive armor

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Clues from GRRM are pointing heavily towards Gwendoline Christie as Brienne. Not confirmed yet...
    Barf. So incredibly disappointed. So when we need ugly we're going to get models... are they going to the circus to find good looking people? What the hell kind of bizarro world do I live in here? Well if this is how we are doing things I strongly suggest they cast Katy Perry as Vargo Hoat.

I hope this is wrong because it's the first time anything about this show has made me so unbelievably pissed off.

I think it's size that's the key, plus she does have some acting experience.

Remember what they did to Charlize Theron in Monster.

So I assume they should have hired someone who actually had one side of their face burned to play the Hound?

There are these things called makeup and prosthetics, you know.

Gwendoline Christie confirmed as Brienne.

Saintjon, I knew you were gonna be pissed! I'm actually very pleased. I think she'll be perfect.

Here's what GRRM has to say:
    This was another one of those cases where there was hardly any debate. The day the first batch of auditions went up for the role, we looked at a dozen actresses who were reading for Brienne and one actress who WAS Brienne. Gwendoline gave a great reading, and her look was just perfect. No, when she auditioned, she did not look she does in the photo above. She came in looking... well, like Brienne.
    And HERE is a short youtube clip that convinces me she'll be great.
    Last edited by Evil Agent; July 8th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Barf. So incredibly disappointed. So when we need ugly we're going to get models... are they going to the circus to find good looking people? What the hell kind of bizarro world do I live in here? Well if this is how we are doing things I strongly suggest they cast Katy Perry as Vargo Hoat.

I hope this is wrong because it's the first time anything about this show has made me so unbelievably pissed off.
    good looking?

Interesting. According to one of the actors from Camelot, one of the actors from their show has been cast in GoT, as has another actor with an Arthur connection (someone from Merlin or the King Arthur movie?) and a third with no connection to either.

I thought that Eva lady was actually kinda pretty in her own way. I've not read the books, but going from some of the links here, she looks like she'd be better in that sort of role. I mean I wish Gwendoline the best of luck, and I'm sure she'll be great, but for once I wish they'd go for a less attractive actress rather than doing the typical pretty w/ prosthetics.

I don't think I could stomach Miranda Hart in Game of Thrones. She was funny in Hyperdrive, but I have my doubts about her acting capabilities.