Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    I think it should win at least the Emmy for casting: Dinklage was great, but those who picked the cast did a really great job all around.

The only glaring oversight I saw was no nomination for the theme music.

I agree about the theme music, too bad it wasn't nominated, it's definitely on my top list of favourite themes.

I guess the next test will be if the show wins any of the nominations it received.

I have no problem with Sean Bean's acting skill, but I don't think he portrayed a good Ned Stark - as written by GRRM. Just personal opinion, of course, but he came across to me as too "emo".

Ned is coldness personified. Stern, cold, aloof, somewhat arrogant, cool under pressure with a great pokerface. Sean Bean always looked like he was about to cry. In almost every scene, I just couldn't see him as the proud Lord Stark.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar

Talking

Peter Dinklage just won the Best Supporting Actor Emmy. AWESOME!!!

Also, Game Of Thrones won for best Main Titles, in the technical Emmys last week.

Writer, Artist, Beeyotch ShandaLear's Avatar
    Did anyone else find it a bit disappointing that NOBODY mentioned Martin?

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShandaLear View Post
    Did anyone else find it a bit disappointing that NOBODY mentioned Martin?
    Yeah. I'm pretty sure Peter forgot, in his surprise at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    Peter Dinklage just won the Best Supporting Actor Emmy. AWESOME!!!
    He did deserve it. If there was a reason to watch Game of Thrones, Peter was it.

How did they pin him as a supporting actor, though? I was under the impression he was - along with Ned and Daenerys - one of the main PoV characters rather than a support.

Congratulations to Peter Dinklage! Listening to Howard Stern right now and he says he's going to start watching when he can get the whole season. Awesome. If he starts harping about this show it could hit the stratosphere.

Dinklage mentioned GRRM in several post-awards interviews. He also says that he didn't mention as many people as he should, and also forgot his own agent

Dinklage is officially listed in the show credits as a Supporting Actor (the 'and Peter Dinklage' bit at the end). The 'stars' (the 'main actors') for Season 1 I believe were Sean Bean, Lena Headey and possibly Mark Addy and Emilia Clarke. Who gets credited and how is a labyrinthe process involving contracts, screen-time, prior roles and so on.

As I recall it, Tyrion's presence- already quite large in GoT- increases throughout books 2 and 3, so that coupled with Peter's Emmy win (very well-deserved, I was delighted when he won. I really watched the Emmy's just for that particular award. Guy Pearce's acceptance speech was well worth the watch, though) could lead to him being credited as a lead in Season 2. But that's all speculation on my part; I suppose we'll just have to wait for Wert to give us the official update.