Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_sales View Post
    I watched John Carter again last night, and it impressed me just as much as it did the first time I saw it. It's not perfect - that prologue is completely unnecessary, and the bit where Mark Strong explains the plot is somewhat inelegant. But the battle with the Warhoon, intercut with Carter burying is wife, is a classic piece of cinema and beautifully done.
    I think we are going to have to disagree on this (and it we be a dull old world if we all liked the same things) but that sequence was really one of the low points of the show for me. I thought the edits were crass and obvious - apart from anything they involved the tertiary layer of flashback which I've mentioned are a real pet hate of mine - and the CGI was less than convincing. Kurosawa did great battle sequences; this was like watching an animated Savage Sword of Conan cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ian_sales View Post

I didn't like the miniseries of Dune - it seemed to be the director wanted it to be Shakespeare... but it's a long way from being that. The sequel, Children of Dune, I thought much better. Some of the acting in both series was terrible, though - especially the bloke who played Gurney Halleck.
    It could be the shear amount of extra time the mini-series gives vs the Lynch single movie allowed for the love triangle to be further fleshed out. I also wasn't as creeped out by Alia in the mini-series like I was in the movie... freaky-teaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    This was the long version or the regular version of Dune, SJ?

The super-long version of Dune is one of those 'holy grails' for many film buffs: rather like Blade Runner used to be. From what I remember, most of the extra footage was destroyed so the chances of seeing an Ultimate version of Dune is very remote.

Would love to be proved wrong, though!
    I was referring to John Carter. I saw a version of Lynch's Dune when I was a kid but I can't remember enough about it to tell if it was the extended version or not. I watched some clips on Youtube and it seemed better than I remember. The guild navigator is appropriately horrifying I gotta say. I feel for David Lynch, if the industry then was more like it is now he probably could have made something everyone would have been happier with but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdawn View Post
    Its really a nice movie. I really like the story line of the movie. I just want to know is there any new part of this movie coming in future...Is he really reached there, did he meet Dejah Thoris...There are lot of question which are still left.
    It's unlikely. Hollywood movies' success are judged solely on opening weekend box office takes, and John Carter did very poorly there. It went on to make a profit in the rest of the world, but that doesn't count. Disney has officially classed the film a "flop". It's a stupid and parochial way to do business, but that's no real surprise - you'd be hard-pressed to find an industry more narcissistic than Hollywood :-)

Annoyingly, a sequel to Prometheus, which was rubbish, has already been greenlit...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesdawn View Post
    This mean there will no sequel of it. But friend i found a poster of the movie, but i am not sure this is a official or not
    Fan Art.

Originally from from here:

http://www.catspawdynamics.com/john-...f-mars-poster/

I thought it was an outstanding movie. I hope they make a sequel.