Thread: box set

box set

Hi all, I saw a boxset for the first 4 books of this series but with new covers from the mini-series they made for TV. I'm just double checking that these are the same books as the originals right? cause I heard the mini-series is different from the original books. thanks.

Yes, they're the same.

I noticed all of a sudden there are multiple paper back versions of Game of Thrones. What are the differences between them? the first two links provided, the books are the same exept different color.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...es&ikwsec=Home

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Yes, they're the same.

*snip*

Edit: To clarify, there's no major differences in the text between any of those editions. Any differences will simply be corrections found in earlier editions. I would suspect that the most recent one, with Sean Bean on the cover, will be the most correct edition in print. If it's like the UK release, it will be the larger Mass-Market size, rather than the smaller one used by publishers such as Tor US, and as such the text will likely be clearer and easier to read, which would also happen for the map of Westeros. The middle edition, I think, is a trade paperback edition and as such will either have more words per page, or will have larger and clearer text due to its larger physical size. I would suspect it's the former rather than the latter, however.

I'm not sure if that's any clearer.
    Last edited by Loerwyn; July 25th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

thanks, that answers it.

does this book have alot of politics in it? what are some other series it compares to?

Quote Originally Posted by velocci View Post
    does this book have alot of politics in it? what are some other series it compares to?
    Yes! IMO the politics are one of the main themes of the book. I'm not sure I've read anything that I could compare to it, sorry.