Short story question

Hey all!
    I am looking for the title of a short story about a girl who meets a super intelligent horse (in this universe, many animals have been made intelligent to at least human level -- dogs, horses, etc). He offers to show her something wonderful in exchange for her making Earth a home for the animals. She is young, but becomes obsessed with this dream, becomes supra wealthy, finds old Earth, terraforms it (it's been destroyed ecologically), and turns it over to the animals. The wonderful thing the horse gave her was the poetry of his movement in allowing her to ride him. I know I MANGLED the plot -- sorry. I am on a HIGH dose of pain meds for a dislocated kneecap, and I am sort of wandering mentally. Thanks.
    Sak

any luck

I am looking for the same story. Read it in a short story collection many years ago, so hoping that you found it.

Found it

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    I am looking for the same story. Read it in a short story collection many years ago, so hoping that you found it.
    "With Friends Like These" Alan Dean Foster - a collection of short stories

Found it

Quote Originally Posted by Saknussem View Post
    Hey all!
    I am looking for the title of a short story about a girl who meets a super intelligent horse (in this universe, many animals have been made intelligent to at least human level -- dogs, horses, etc). He offers to show her something wonderful in exchange for her making Earth a home for the animals. She is young, but becomes obsessed with this dream, becomes supra wealthy, finds old Earth, terraforms it (it's been destroyed ecologically), and turns it over to the animals. The wonderful thing the horse gave her was the poetry of his movement in allowing her to ride him. I know I MANGLED the plot -- sorry. I am on a HIGH dose of pain meds for a dislocated kneecap, and I am sort of wandering mentally. Thanks.
    Sak
    "With Friends Like these" Alan Dean Foster - a collection of short stories