Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Oh yeah? I missed all that, I didn't have the hardware or the interest to even try Empire. How did they mangle themselves so badly on PR front? (imagining comments like F___ you, it is too good!)
    The game was shipped in a virtually unfinished state, with very frequent crashes. The AI was abominably bad as well, even by normal TW standards. They also promised before the game came out that they would have 1) a multiplayer campaign mode and 2) be more moddable than any other TW title to date. In the event, 1) never happened and 2) was a blatant lie, as the Empire/Napoleon/Shogun 2 engine cannot be 'properly' modded (i.e. you can tweak unit stats and stuff, but you can't alter the campaign map and you can't create 'total conversion' mods like Westeros and Third Age). CA really didn't handle the PR very well at all.

Even worse, they did fix all the problems with the engine...but only in Napoleon, which they made a stand-alone game rather than an expansion to Empire (as it was originally intended). Which meant the bug fixes and patches they placed in Napoleon didn't retroactively fix the issues in Empire. All-told, not CA's finest hour.

Meanwhile, as a sign of what the mod team have been up to, here's a shot of the map depicting Dorne:

Very nice. Dorne looks to be very prone to seaborne invasion which I guess is appropriate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Very nice. Dorne looks to be very prone to seaborne invasion which I guess is appropriate lol.
    Yup. In fact, we know now that's how Daeron I conquered Dorne. Whilst his land army drew the Dornish army into the Red Mountains and fought it there, his senior admiral, Oakenfist, sailed up the Greenblood, destroyed the Planky Town and landed a significant army behind the Dornish lines which simply marched up the coast and took Sunspear almost unopposed. A viable strategy in the game, anyway (if you're willing to risk storms in the Stepstones).