Thread: Foundation

Foundation

I just finished the Foundation trilogy by Asimov three days ago. (Read them in a row). And I just loved it.

Does anybody know a serie/book that I should read if I loved this?

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello Tinuz!

The usual responses to this are Frank Herbert's Dune series and Dan Simmons's Hyperion/Endymion series, though there are lots of others!

You might also want to try Arthur C Clarke's The City and the Stars which I read about the same time as the Foundation series and is good.

There is also a 'sequel' Foundation series, written by Greg Benford, Greg Bear and David Brin. Not bad, though nowhere near as good as the original. I must admit that most of Asimov's own sequels were a disappointment to me though you might want to at least give them a try.

Greg Bear's Eon series and his Moving Mars book are goodies, so too is David Brin's Uplift series.
    Last edited by Hobbit; August 11th, 2002 at 07:50 PM.
    Mark

Cadfael
    Also... Robert Heinlien's Time Enough For Love and Stranger In A Strange Land.

I would also suggest the Lensman series by EE 'Doc' Smith... very old books now... and very much in the golden age style... but still good for all that.

Asimov wrote serveral stand alone books (the empire books as opposed to the robot books). A Pebble in the Sky etc.