Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Up to 5009 words for TFBAP. I still have a lot that needs said, conecting sections to be filled in, but I am making progress.

Today was an editing day for me. Although I wrote a lot yesterday, I walked away feeling somewhat... dissatisfied with it. So, today I went about fixing that problem. Unfortunately, a lot of what got written yesterday had to go, or was re-written, and I'm still not sure whether I'm ready to continue. This is a difficult scene, with a lot of ideas to introduce, and all of it needing to be done at the right time. It's taking a lot of writing and re-writing in order to get things right. I daren't say whether I'm on the right path at last----although I really do hope so.

Since most of my writing today was re-editing and deleting, I really couldn't keep track of my word count. It probably wasn't much more than 100 words or so... but I'm really not sure.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Woohoo! We all are cooking!

There's a few of you that haven't reported. I'll assume the best - you are so busy writing, ya just don't have time to report!

I've been chugging along. If I continue at the pace I've been holding, I should be done by the end of this month. Yah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gkarlives View Post
    Up to 5009 words for TFBAP. I still have a lot that needs said, conecting sections to be filled in, but I am making progress.
    That's great. Sometimes you just need to get it out all rough, then going back and filling it in is like icing on the cake.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar View Post
    Since most of my writing today was re-editing and deleting, I really couldn't keep track of my word count. It probably wasn't much more than 100 words or so... but I'm really not sure.
    We all do that. Editing can't be measure like new writing, but it's just as much work. I'm sure you did 100 or more. Keep it up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    2,960 words today
    Wow - you must have had the whole day just for writing. Aren't those the best?

For me, those kinds of days are right up there with a day kayaking or hiking a challenging peak. It's just so peaceful and satisfying.

Absolutely, you're right. And I don't have a whole lot going on right now, so it helps. Plus, I already knew what was going to be in that chapter--it was just a matter of getting it down.

It won't be like that tomorrow =P

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    A total of 1,889 words for me since the beginning of the month. Not what I was hoping for at all but, then, I'm still unpacking. Maybe I should just give tonight over to emptying the last boxes that I haven't gotten around to yet, then spend all of tomorrow on writing. That would probably be a good idea.

As for my goal of outlining so many chapters, not sure I'm going to be doing that. I'm mostly re-writing stuff and actually adding very little brand new material. So I might not be doing any outlining. Though it is too early to tell at the moment.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

I have been dreadfully sick these past two days (a relapse from Labor Day weekends cold) and have been surviving on coffee, cough drops, and chicken soup for about these past four days. Wish I could give myself more ample time to rest but with work and school, there will be no such pleasures.

A part from that though, my coworker, whom I will codename RM for the time, has begun writing her own novel. I was of course more than DELIGHTED to mention this forum and this thread to her, but I would appreciate if I could get you all to help me along.

Please give RM a warm encouragement for me guys, and maybe we can convince her to join the board once she sees how awesome and friendly SFFWorld is! Let's hear it guys!!!

HI RM!

Hello RM and Welcome. If you're a writer, or working at becoming one, this is a great site.

Jim

I'm new here, but so far these guys don't seem too bad, so I see no reason to not join up.

I wrote 644 words today, which I'm pretty pleased about.

Since I began this month by starting out on Chapter Seven, it's pretty easy for me to keep track of my overall word count for the month. As I've been doing a lot of editing and deleting, my total is only up to about 1600 so far. I've probably written more than that, but, as I said, a lot of it would have been lost during the editing process.

I'm pleased to have written 644 words today though. Especially since next week I probably won't be able to write Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I'm planning on writing over the weekend (tomorrow) to make up for the lost days as best as I can though.

Blog Entries
    Hi RM!

We are a motley crew, but mostly defenseless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar View Post
    I'm pleased to have written 644 words today though.
    Good job, BrightStar. You are doing great.

Since my last post I have written 0 pages/0 words

Last week I got a new teaching job and classes started this past week. As a result I've been doing furious last-minute lesson planning and the WIP had to be set aside.

It's doubtful I'll get any writing done this month, but hopefully as I develop my curriculum units further and further into the future and I get into a regular rhythm with assigning and grading student work I'll have a little free time to do some writing.

Okay, back to work!