Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It was the romance bit I saw and balked at, I don't think I need to really say more than that.

Railsea by China Mieville looks really bizarre and interesting.
    Redshirts is something I just found out about and am really looking forward to.

Ever since I read Mark's review of Michael Cobley's Seeds of the Earth almost two years ago, I was hoping Orbit would release it in the US

Well, Orbit just announced they are doing just that, releasing the three novels in the Humanity’s Fire trilogy in that now-common and proven successful publishing strategy for trilogies - a book a month over three months:
    SEEDS OF EARTH in October,
    ORPHANED WORLDS in November
    THE ASCENDANT STARS in December

Does anyone know when an ebook version of Reynolds' Blue Remembered Earth will be available in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitleyrr View Post
    Does anyone know when an ebook version of Reynolds' Blue Remembered Earth will be available in the US?
    Good question. It is for available for pre-order on iBooks (I live in Spain, so ymmv) but not on Amazon (as far as I know).

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitleyrr View Post
    as the book is published in the US in the summer, I would guess then

Pure by Julianna Baggot is being published by Headline on 2 February and it looks interesting. It's yet another dystopian YA, but it sounds very grim (the protagonist has a doll-head fused to her in place of a hand), and it has been getting some rave reviews (starred PW) and blurbs from Justin Cronin and Jeff Vandermeer.

No Going Back, the fourth Jon and Lobo novel by Mark L. Van Name will be publishing in May.

(Though I think suciul and I are the only folks here who have read Jon and Lobo, hopefully that will change since these are fun books)

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    No Going Back, the fourth Jon and Lobo novel by Mark L. Van Name will be publishing in May.

(Though I think suciul and I are the only folks here who have read Jon and Lobo, hopefully that will change since these are fun books)
    actually it is 5th as Children no More was 4th in 2010; the May release is in doubt though as the novel has been delayed with no clear date yet - this is from the Baen chief Toni W.

Haha, I came across something a little interesting.

Did a search on The Book Depository for David Weber, and I think I've unearthed the second Stephanie Harrington book, Fire Season.

It's projecting an October release date, and as was confirmed in the past, is co-authored with Jane Lindskold. However, the bibliographic details do seem light, so chances are that the majority of the details have not been confirmed - it's showing as "Childrens/Juvenile" unlike A Beautiful Friendship's additional listing as Young Adult.

Edit: Just to point out I've asked David Weber via his Twitter account to verify it, but I'm not expecting a response.
    Last edited by Loerwyn; March 8th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.

Speaking of Weber, rumor has the latest Safehold novel (#6) has a title: Midst Toil and Tribulation set for a September 2012 publication date.

Read interesting books
    Speaking of Weber, rumor has the latest Safehold novel (#6) has a title: Midst Toil and Tribulation set for a September 2012 publication date.
    yep, it has been known for a month or so on the Weber forums (like HFaF and AMF the title is from a psalm as befits both the series subject and Mr. Weber's status in his Church).

I even know a rough outline of developments to be covered, but i expect surprises, possibly major ones; this, Hydrogen sonata, the new Valtat novel and the PFH one are the huge sf releases of the fall for me, all set to be out from mid Sept to early October; not unlike the set of huge January sf releases and those all delivered and more

thanks for the heads up fellows. im almost done 6 straight months of fantasy reading, time to get back on my sf grind.

ill have to comb the last few months of 2011 for good releases also.

Ever since I read Mark's review of Michael Cobley's Seeds of the Earth almost two years ago, I was hoping Orbit would release it in the US

Well, Orbit just announced they are doing just that, releasing the three novels in the Humanity’s Fire trilogy in that now-common and proven successful publishing strategy for trilogies - a book a month over three months:
    I got those and couldn't really dent them. I did have some fun reading the exchange of insults between the general public and the author on amazon though. They're not very good. I thought.

Read interesting books
    Just saw the new Aurorarama tpb in stores and it had an interview with JC Valtat and an excerpt from Luminous Chaos which is set in Paris 1895 suffering a mini-ice age with the heroes of Aurorarama (Brentford, Gabriel, Lilian etc) coming to save the day; seems to have some time travel too from the interview