Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I should probably read The Goblin Corps at some point. It's just so flipping huge (although I think it's one of those deceptively big books, a bit like the Corey and Abraham trades this year).

You know, I am honestly stuck about what's coming out next year. A few sequels, a few paperback releases of this year's hardcovers (such as Peter Orullian's The Unremembered), but largely it looks like a fairly dull year. But it's not even 2012 yet, so that could easily change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfânion View Post

Robin Hobb's next book is due in February in the US, and the 4th and final book has now been confirmed for Spring 2013, even though they've already been written and the 4th book is coming out in Holland next month.

Amazon has Blood of the Dragons, the fourth book, listed with a July 24, 2012 release date. I know Amazon has been way off the mark before but Spring 2013 sounds so... depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    Hobb's Eos's biggest author isn't she, except for possibly Feist?
    I think Kim Harrison is also a strong contender for that title.

And be current, Eos is now Harper Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellions View Post
    And be current, Eos is now Harper Voyager.
    SF&F seems such an afterthought to whatever they're calling themselves nowadays aside from only a handful of authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    SF&F seems such an afterthought to whatever they're calling themselves nowadays aside from only a handful of authors.
    They really didn't do much this year.... the David Chandler thief trilogy (which I thought was pretty bad).... can't recall anything else?

Treading water, I'd say. When I attended BEA back in May, I spoke to one of the people at the Harper booth and I asked about the switch from EOS to VOYAGER. Had I asked them if I could have a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich I likely would have received the same confused look.

Harper Voyager in the UK is oddly quite different. They've got some of the bigger genre authors (Martin, Feist, Hobb), published some well-received debuts (Mark Lawrence, Blake Charlton) and they also publish paranormal romance.

Treading water, I'd say. When I attended BEA back in May, I spoke to one of the people at the Harper booth and I asked about the switch from EOS to VOYAGER. Had I asked them if I could have a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich I likely would have received the same confused look.
    Have to wonder if they might end up being in the market for acquiring one of the smaller presses at some point. It's a big market to kind of check out on.

Don't think this has been mentioned on other lists yet, but my biggest must-have for January, 2012 is Martha Wells' The Serpent Sea.
    Last edited by Jen526; November 15th, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen526 View Post
    Don't think this has been mentioned on other lists yet, but my biggest must-have for the first quarter of January, 2012 is Martha Wells' The Serpent Sea.
    I've got a copy of this, but need to read Cloud Roads first!!! Must get to it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaStaffer View Post
    Have to wonder if they might end up being in the market for acquiring one of the smaller presses at some point. It's a big market to kind of check out on.
    I really hope not. The smaller folks like Night Shade are doing just fine as they are.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen526 View Post
    Don't think this has been mentioned on other lists yet, but my biggest must-have for January, 2012 is Martha Wells' The Serpent Sea.
    I thought this was out for some reason - I have an earc from NS but my co-editor Robert is going to read it since I cannot say i enjoyed the first volume for some reason.

For January Percepliquis (the 6th Ryria book that will appear for the first time in the Heirs of Novron omnibus) and Daemon Prism are my top fantasies and I hope to get them at some point this year

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I'm also looking forward to that Eli Monpress omnibus. I loves me those omnibii.
    Such a love is not in vain. Omnibii shall fill your heart.

Also if you are interested in books about angels, demons and fallen angels:
    Nameless by Kyle Chais
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/143...pf_rd_i=507846
    :]

Cant wait for Wind Through The Keyhole!