Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Abstainer from Foolosophy
    Among others already listed, one little surprise was Jennifer Roberson's third Kharavans book and Sherwood Smith is scheduled for two releases this year; the follow up to the Inda series -- Banner of the Damned -- and what I suspect is the third of the Coronets and Steel series.

I've just recently become interested in trying Smith's Ruritanian books, so was checking up on her work on the dread 'Zon, and if the amazon page for the book is to be believed The Spy Princess is actually not the third book in that series, but a novel for younger readers. Appears to be a new installment in another series of Smith's, which has not had a new novel in some years.

Here's a short plot blurb for China Mieville's ya novel, Railsea, which I swiped from Westeros:

From China Miéville, New York Times bestselling author of Un Lun Dun, a thrilling new young adult novel that reimagines Moby-Dick in an unforgettable and fascinatingly imagined setting.

Sham Yes ap Soorap, young doctor’s assistant, is in search of life’s purpose aboard a diesel locomotive on the hunt for the great elusive moldywarpe, Mocker-Jack. But on an old train wreck at the outskirts of the world, Sham discovers an astonishing secret that changes everything: evidence of an impossible journey. A journey left unfinished…which Sham takes it on himself to complete. It’s a decision that might cost him his life.

Abstainer from Foolosophy
    The second Smith book I was referring to is the one listed by Locus as published by DAW and coming out in Sept. entitled Revenant Eve. Granted Banner of the Damned was listed originally as coming out last year when DAW first put out it's schedule so I might be a little too optimistic. But Sherwood is a pretty fast writer.

Collegium Sorcerorum

A very new series' second book is hitting the digital bookshelves in 2012 called Collegium Sorcerorum: Thaddeus and the Master. I did the artwork for Louis Sauvain's first book of the trilogy (Thaddeus of Beewicke) and just finished up art for book 2 a couple months ago. It will most likely be released in January 2012.

If you're looking to try a new series I highly recommend this one!

Ink-stained Wretch Teresa Edgerton's Avatar
    I am particularly looking forward to the new Collegia Magica book by Carol Berg. January 3 can't come fast enough for me!

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    At the moment, my waiting-for list has:

• Heirs of the Blade - Tchaikovsky
    • The Dusk Watchman - Lloyd
    • Echoes of Betrayal - Moon
    • The Twelve - Cronin
    • City of Dragons - Hobb
    • Orb, Sceptre, Throne - Esslemont
    • Requiem - Scholes
    • Percepliquis - Sullivan
    • A Memory of Light - Jordan/Sanderson
    • The Republic of Thieves - Lynch

Rogue Warrior
    Is Republic of Thieves finally due out in Feb.?

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazz Wylde View Post
    Is Republic of Thieves finally due out in Feb.?
    The last thing I saw on it actually had 2013, but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    The last thing I saw on it actually had 2013, but I'm trying to be optimistic.
    Whats the deal, Lynch isnt finished with it?

Whats the deal, Lynch isnt finished with it?
    Scott Lynch has been dealing with some personal issues. If you want to know more i suggest you read his blog.

http://scott-lynch.livejournal.com/

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymric View Post
    Scott Lynch has been dealing with some personal issues. If you want to know more i suggest you read his blog.

http://scott-lynch.livejournal.com/
    Oh man, I didnt know. I wish Scott the best and hope he overcomes.

I need to read Red Seas first anyhow.

Personally, I have no expectations as to when Republic of Thieves will be out. When it's certain to be published then I'll be quite excited, especially given the subject matter, but until then it's not something that I give any thought to.

I'm approaching the 6th Felix Castor book by Mike Carey in the same way. That book is supposed to be out in 2012, but there has been a conspicuous lack of info about it for quite awhile. If it arrives then I'll be very pleased, but I'm not expecting it until a clear announcement by the author is issued.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AmethystOrator View Post
    Personally, I have no expectations as to when Republic of Thieves will be out. When it's certain to be published then I'll be quite excited, especially given the subject matter, but until then it's not something that I give any thought to.

I'm approaching the 6th Felix Castor book by Mike Carey in the same way. That book is supposed to be out in 2012, but there has been a conspicuous lack of info about it for quite awhile. If it arrives then I'll be very pleased, but I'm not expecting it until a clear announcement by the author is issued.
    Yeah I loved Lies of Locke Lamora. Is there much about Father Chains in Red Seas?

Yeah I loved Lies of Locke Lamora. Is there much about Father Chains in Red Seas?
    It's been awhile, and quite a few books, since I read Red Seas, but my recollection is no.

Tricked by Kevin Hearne, Book 4 in the Iron Druid Chronicles, is due April 24th. I don't believe that it had been mentioned yet.