Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    So Amazon says Caine's Law is due April 3. Has anyone seen any news/ updates talking about the release?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz Wylde View Post
    I found a little bit on So Deep a Malice, it sounds like one I'd read.
    You could share what you found out about here in the thread, you know.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    You could share what you found out about here in the thread, you know.
    My bad, here's what I found.

Julie Crisp said of the acquisition, ‘This is an incredibly exciting book. It gave me the same feeling when reading it that I had when I first read George R R Martin, Robert Jordan and Patrick Rothfuss. I fell in love with the characters, the world building and the detailed imagining. The beginning of a brand new series, this is a contemporary epic fantasy that I’m sure will gather an enthusiastic and loyal readership and we’re thrilled to be publishing John at Tor UK.’

John Jarrold said: ‘I’m not sure I’ve seen a major fantasy novel that I would recommend more strongly to readers of George R R Martin in the last ten years. I’ve now read it three times and I am still emotionally involved with the characters and storylines throughout, which is a wonderful achievement for a new writer. Julie’s enthusiasm was immediate when it was submitted to major publishers on both sides of the Atlantic, and she was able to bring her senior colleagues on board with a very strong pre-emptive offer within days.’

Julie Crisp, Editorial Director of Pan Macmillan in London, has concluded a pre-emptive World Rights deal for two epic fantasy novels in a series called THE FAITHFUL AND THE FALLEN by new British author John Gwynne with agent John Jarrold, for a very good five-figure sum.

SO DEEP A MALICE, the first volume in the series, will be published by Tor UK in 2012, followed by its sequel TERROR OF HEAVEN in 2013.
    Last edited by Kazz Wylde; February 19th, 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: add

Rogue Warrior
    Has anyone read Seven Princes yet?

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Disappointing, Kazz.

Mark
    Mark

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Disappointing, Kazz.

Mark
    Oh man. lol I read a little of the beginning up at B&N a few weeks ago, it seems cool at first. I still might give it a try someday, I might not be quite as jaded with the tired old tropes bit.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I still might give it a try someday, I might not be quite as jaded with the tired old tropes bit.
    Oh, absolutely.

It may be that I've read just too much that is similar, Kazz! The thing is, I do like books sometimes that you know pretty much where you're going: I realise that books are often there for different purposes, to entertain as well as engage the imagination. If it's written well enough, I can get it.

This one, though, I struggled with. And I did want to like it.

Mark
    Mark

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Oh, absolutely.

It may be that I've read just too much that is similar, Kazz! The thing is, I do like books sometimes that you know pretty much where you're going: I realise that books are often there for different purposes, to entertain as well as engage the imagination. If it's written well enough, I can get it.

This one, though, I struggled with. And I did want to like it.

Mark
    I understand, Mark.
    I gotta admit I'm a little woundup now about So Deep a Malice, sounds kind of like what I'd like to read/write.

Has anyone read Seven Princes yet?
    Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the first hundred pages or so of Seven Princes. It seems a very divisive book, those that like it, seem to like it A LOT. Then there's Mark, JustaStaffer, and myself.

Rogue Warrior
    Unfortunately, I didn't make it past the first hundred pages or so of Seven Princes. It seems a very divisive book, those that like it, seem to like it A LOT. Then there's Mark, JustaStaffer, and myself.
    Didnt even make it thru it huh? Its a hit or miss I guess then. Staffer has a pretty cool blog there.

Didnt even make it thru it huh? Its a hit or miss I guess then. Staffer has a pretty cool blog there.
    Thanks.

And for the link, Rob. Giving another 2012 release the same review treatment tomorrow, unfortunately.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaStaffer View Post
    Thanks.

And for the link, Rob. Giving another 2012 release the same review treatment tomorrow, unfortunately.
    Oh man, Say it isnt so.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaStaffer View Post
    Thanks.

NP, I guess the pillars of the novel weren't strong enough to retain your otherwise herculean reading tastes?

As for 2012 releases, the omnibus The Legend of Eli Monpress just arrived, at over 1000+ pages it is HUGE. Looking forward to jumping in after a dive into some SF.

NP, I guess the pillars of the novel weren't strong enough to retain your otherwise herculean reading tastes?

As for 2012 releases, the omnibus The Legend of Eli Monpress just arrived, at over 1000+ pages it is HUGE. Looking forward to jumping in after a dive into some SF.
    I read the first book in the omnibus. Fun, quick. I've heard they get deeper, but been too distracted to pick up book 2.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Forge of Darkness has a US release date now as well, September 18th.

Jesse Bullington's third book comes out in October, called Folly of the World.

On a stormy night in 1421, the North Sea delivers a devastating blow to Holland: the Saint Elizabeth Flood, a deluge of biblical proportions that drowns hundreds of towns, thousands of people, and forever alters the geography of the Low Countries. Where the factions of the noble Hooks and the merchant Cods waged a literal class war but weeks before, there is now only a nigh-endless expanse of grey water, a desolate inland sea with moldering church spires jutting up like sunken tombstones. For a land already beleaguered by generations of civil war, a worse disaster could scarce be imagined.

Yet even disaster can be profitable, for the right sort of individual, and into this flooded realm sail three conspirators: a deranged thug at the edge of madness, a ruthless conman on the cusp of fortune, and a half-feral girl balanced between them. If they work together they may find reward beyond reckoning, but such promise is no guarantee against betrayals born of greed, rage, and lust.

In a topsy-turvey world where peasants feast while noblemen starve, these three uneasy confederates will learn that theft, fraud, and even murder are simply part of politics as usual in the island-city of Dordrecht, and even if their scheme succeeds they may not live long enough to enjoy it...
    The new Iain M. Banks novel is called The Hydrogen Sonata. This is probably a new Culture novel, due on October 9th.

And also pretty cool, there is a new Brom novel coming out, a few years after his quite successful "The Child Thief". It is called Krampus: The Yule Lord and from the 500 page count listing it seems to be another large novel for adults. Interesting. This is due October 30th.