Lord of the Frozen Wastes

The Evolution of Science Fiction

So I haven't posted here in a little while but I figured I would make an invite to anyone interested; I have created a group over at goodreads.com devoted to the evolution of science fiction. The first group read will be beginning in August and will be voted on by group members. Right now we are picking between a Jules Verne novel or a Mary Shelley novel, but any nominations will be considered. If you want to join us on this epic reading journey, then now is the time. I personally have very little experience in sci-fi, I have read the odd novel here and there throughout my life, but I've always been more interested in fantasy and horror, so this will be a learning experience for me. I invite anyone willing to share their knowlede of science fiction and everyone willing to learn to join our group. URL: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...cience-fiction

For anyone who may have been interested in joining. We are just finishing up our first read now, which was Mary Shelley's frankenstein. It's stirred up some good conversations in our group read forum. We've discussed everything from the authors intentions, and the characters psychology, to the film adaptions and influence on science fiction.Voting has just ended on our second read and it will be From the Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne. If you are interested in reading the beginning of space travel in sci-fi join now!

We are beginning Jules Verne's From the Earth to the Moon today and will be reading it throughout the month of September. The next poll is up as well, the poll is for October's group read and the theme author is H.G. Wells.

The month is 2/3 done and our next read for the Evolution of Science Fiction is going to be an H.G. Wells novel. last votes are in today and there's a three way tie between War of the Worlds, The Time Machine and a short story collection. Out last read, From the Earth to the Moon was in interesting. albeit long winded, read. It was very imaginitive and inventive. Come check out the forum and see our discussions on early sci-fi, and join us for our next read.
    https://www.goodreads.com/group/show...cience-fiction