Hybrid View

News from the Desk of Croggon

Hello all -

It's been shamefully long since I was last here, and I'm kind of amazed that you die-hards are still posting. Good to see you all Pellinoring away, after all this time! Anyway, I thought I'd let you know about some updates.

1. I've just uploaded a new book to Amazon Kindle. Before you get all excited: no, it's not a new Pellinor book. It's a fantasy adventure for younger readers, probably 9-12, rather more Roald Dahl than Tolkien, called JIMMY WONDERSPOON. But I think it's pretty cute. (If any of you want to petition Miyazake to make a film out of it, be my guest - I think it would be perfect!)

It's a book I wrote ages ago for my daughter, and which nobody has been much interested in publishing. And a couple of days ago I thought, why not post it on Amazon Kindle as an ebook? And voila, there it is! I've made a page with details, so if you're interested - or if you have young friends or relatives who might like it - you can find out where to buy it here.

2. BLACK SPRING, my new stand-alone fantasy, is all signed up and systems are go. It is still ages and ages away, I'm afraid - it won't be coming out in Australia until next Christmas, and in the UK and the US after that. Sometimes it's frustrating how long the business of getting a book out takes. The book already feels like old news to me, and it won't be published for a year! I am, however, VERY excited about this one, which is a dark Gothic romance. I've always wanted to write a Gothic story.

I'm writing hard, on all sorts of things. As far as novels go, I'm working on a story at present (another stand-alone) with a very appealing girl hero called Sim. She's the major reason I want to finish it, I can't leave her unfinished! And I have an idea for an adult fantasy which is nagging away at me. So there will be more. In due course. Maybe I'll just start self-publishing out of impatience!

Lots of Pellinor love

Alison

Lettuce pie...mmmmm Eyes of Wolf's Avatar
    Hello!

This is all amazing news - I'm looking forward to Black Spring so much! Will have to make an order with an Australian bookshop when the time comes. And more fantasy afterwards - oh my! Thank you so much for keeping all of us Pellinorites here updated.

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    I'm writing hard, on all sorts of things. As far as novels go, I'm working on a story at present (another stand-alone) with a very appealing girl hero called Sim. She's the major reason I want to finish it, I can't leave her unfinished!
    Colour me interested, Ms Croggon. May I be so forward as to ask when you may be able to give more details on it?

Given how long it takes for books to actually appear in the world, this one will take a while. It's a rather lyrical story, set in a more contemporary landscape, somewhere like Central Asia. It's called, for the moment, THE RIVER AND THE BOOK. But don't hold your breath. Yet...

I won't, but I'll certainly keep an eye open for your updates on the book, assuming some more will come.

Best of luck with writing it!

I think for a while they will be of the kind that says: "Wrote five hundred words. Wrote another five hundred words. Wrote another five hundred words and crossed out four hundred".

If you enjoy that kind of thing, you can always follow me on Twitter. @alisoncroggon

Why did I not think of looking for you on there? Tut tut. I'll put you on follow.

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    I think for a while they will be of the kind that says: "Wrote five hundred words. Wrote another five hundred words. Wrote another five hundred words and crossed out four hundred".

If you enjoy that kind of thing, you can always follow me on Twitter. @alisoncroggon
    *Cough* latest news from the Desk of Croggon

New Pellinor (prequel) book!

Was on twitter the other day and saw this-

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Be this The Friends?