Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 432
  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlyle Clark View Post
    The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie is $1.99 today only at Amazon.
    WHAT. Man I just paid like $15 =/ I don't read on an E-Reader yet though. Still like to actually own the paper copy.

  2. #17
    A lot of the kindle editions of the Wildcards series are discounted to 2.99 on Amazon, including Wildcards I.

    Woot, been wanting to re-read.

  3. #18
    Registered User JustaStaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    265
    Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell is also $2.99 (again)

  4. #19
    Registered User Carlyle Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    232
    Den of Thieves: The Ancient Blades Trilogy: Book One By David Chandler

    Published by Harper Voyager is just 99 cents right now on Kindle.

  5. #20
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    972
    Blog Entries
    4
    The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow on sale for $2.99 for this month only.

  6. #21

    Blood and Steel by Martin V. Parece II

    I just picked this up yesterday on Kindle for $2.99. It's almost 400 paged long, but it's a quick read. I blew through it in about 6 hours. I think it's his first novel. Im a sucker for new writers. Check it out. His facebook pages says Nook should be out any day.

    http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Steel-Co...3354797&sr=1-1

  7. #22
    \m/ BEER \m/ Moderator Rob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Near Cows in the Garden State
    Posts
    10,901
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissands20 View Post
    I just picked this up yesterday on Kindle for $2.99. It's almost 400 paged long, but it's a quick read. I blew through it in about 6 hours. I think it's his first novel. Im a sucker for new writers. Check it out. His facebook pages says Nook should be out any day.

    http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Steel-Co...3354797&sr=1-1
    Are you Martin?

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Are you Martin?
    Probably not...a Chris posted on Martin's facebook page.

    Chris, if your still around, how did you find the book. It is so *hard* to find out about indie author's on kindle until they break the top 100 list that I've totally given up on it. The search feature bites.

  9. #24

    via facebook

    No I'm a friend of a friend through facebook. He just put an excerpt on his facebook page. You can find it if you search Martin V. Parece II.

  10. #25
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    972
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
    It is so *hard* to find out about indie author's on kindle until they break the top 100 list that I've totally given up on it. The search feature bites.
    Are you talking about the Amazon Top 100 (overall)? I've not seen many fantasy books, indie or otherwise cracking that list. If you look at the genre list like fantasy, historical fantasy, epic fantasy, etc. You'll find a lot of indie authors that sell well...David Dalglish, H.P. Mallory, K.C. May, B.V. Larson, J.R. Rain, are names that come to me off the top of my head.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Are you talking about the Amazon Top 100 (overall)? I've not seen many fantasy books, indie or otherwise cracking that list. If you look at the genre list like fantasy, historical fantasy, epic fantasy, etc. You'll find a lot of indie authors that sell well...David Dalglish, H.P. Mallory, K.C. May, B.V. Larson, J.R. Rain, are names that come to me off the top of my head.
    I mainly look at the top 100 for sci-fi and fantasy, and generally the top 100 for each that are available on kindle. Those lists work well and are of course super-easy to get at on Amazon. Some indie books somehow make it on there -- how is a mystery to me. But for every indie title that makes it onto the top 100 list, there are 100 or more more sci-fi/fantasy books available on kindle that never make the list. The only way I know to search for them is to search by release date, which is EXCEPTIONALLY cumbersome. Amazon just doesnt make it remotely easy to try and search for the 100 most recently released sci-fi books; I gave up on it.

  12. #27
    sapper-in-chief Whiskeyjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Western Honduras
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
    ...Some indie books somehow make it on there -- how is a mystery to me...
    My guess is that some of the indies are on the top 100 list because they're cheaply priced, so many are willing to take a chance on them.

  13. #28
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    972
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
    I mainly look at the top 100 for sci-fi and fantasy, and generally the top 100 for each that are available on kindle. Those lists work well and are of course super-easy to get at on Amazon. Some indie books somehow make it on there -- how is a mystery to me. But for every indie title that makes it onto the top 100 list, there are 100 or more more sci-fi/fantasy books available on kindle that never make the list. The only way I know to search for them is to search by release date, which is EXCEPTIONALLY cumbersome. Amazon just doesnt make it remotely easy to try and search for the 100 most recently released sci-fi books; I gave up on it.
    Ah yes the top 100 for sci-fi & fantasy is a good list...and that one is not so easy to be on. My first book in the Riyria Revelations has hit it the last 5 days running in general you have to be less than 800 in ranking to make it.

    The sub-lists like historical fantasy, epic fantasy, those are easier to be on - but again not easy. In general if you make any of those lists you are selling a good number of books and therefore have a following. Most of the indies get on there with low priced books $0.99 and $2.99 but there are more than a few (I was one of them) that get on there price just shy of $5 ($4.95) generally I would rather make the list with a higher priced book than the bargain basement because it says that people find there is enough quality to pay for a good book.

    As for searching for recently released books - Try using the "last 30", "last 60"and "last 90" features of the site from a computer than once you have a title you can type it in and download on your kindle.

    Kindle Store Kindle eBooks Fantasy Last 30 days (by popularity)

    Kindle Store Kindle eBooks Fantasy Last 30 days (by pub-date)

  14. #29
    The Cloud Roads - Martha Wells - is free right now: Link. It's an excellent start to a trilogy, with book 2 due out next month.

    (And, actually, her earlier standalone, The Element of Fire has been available for free for a long time. I'd definitely recommend that one, too. Link.)

  15. #30
    Registered User Carlyle Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    232
    When Women Were Warriors by Catherine M. Wilson is free at Amazon.


    http://www.amazon.com/When-Women-Wer...4045881&sr=1-1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •