Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 421
  1. #46
    Registered User Carlyle Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey can be bought for $2.99 for both Kindle and from B&N. Keep in mind that this e-book comes bundled with an e-ARC of Abraham's The Dragon's Path, so you are getting two books for $2.99.
    Thanks, just bough it. Been meaning to get back to SCi-Fi for a long time and I like everything Abraham's done so far; hopefully I'll like this one too even though it's only "half" him.

  2. #47
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey can be bought for $2.99 for both Kindle and from B&N. Keep in mind that this e-book comes bundled with an e-ARC of Abraham's The Dragon's Path, so you are getting two books for $2.99.
    Is it really the "whole" book of Dragon's Path and not just a few sample chapters? If it is the whole book then yeah that's an incredible deal.

    Never mind - answered my own question - it does appear to be the whole book - Nice!
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; December 29th, 2011 at 06:59 AM.

  3. #48
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    4
    My publisher, Orbit has a bunch of "after Christmas sales" All books are $2.99 including:

    The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller
    Leviathan Wakes / The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham/S.A. Corey
    The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
    The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy) by Brent Weeks
    Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells
    The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith SaintCrow

  4. #49
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    4
    Harper Voyager has placed a number of titles on sale as well:

    $0.99 books
    Phoenix Rising by Tee Morris and Pip Ballenyne
    White Tiger by Kylie Chan
    Den of Thieves by David Chandler
    Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
    Scent of Shadows by Vicki Petterson
    Heir of Night by Helen Lowe
    Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake

    $1.99 books
    Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
    Rides of a Dread Legion by Raymond Fiest
    Earth Strike: Star Carrier by Ian Douglas
    Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb
    Dragon Keep by Robin Hobb

  5. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    the lower highlands of Michigan, atop a hill, within a forest
    Posts
    18
    Thanks for all of the information on the discounted books. Also, I just finished reading the first two Riyria books, enjoyed them a great deal and have the next volume coming from Amazon. Good work!


    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Harper Voyager has placed a number of titles on sale as well:

    $0.99 books
    Phoenix Rising by Tee Morris and Pip Ballenyne
    White Tiger by Kylie Chan
    Den of Thieves by David Chandler
    Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey
    Scent of Shadows by Vicki Petterson
    Heir of Night by Helen Lowe
    Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake

    $1.99 books
    Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
    Rides of a Dread Legion by Raymond Fiest
    Earth Strike: Star Carrier by Ian Douglas
    Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb
    Dragon Keep by Robin Hobb

  6. #51
    Nashville Reader
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    145
    In addition to the ones listed above, Angry Robot books is having a rather large $2.99 ebook sale. Too many books to list individually, though. But you can find them in the Kindle store and the Nook store. Or just visit angry robot and buy directly from them.

    I also regularly list fantasy related ebook deals on my blog (usually several times a week), if you like this sorta thing. I sometimes list mystery/thriller/espionage deals, too.

  7. #52
    \m/ BEER \m/ Moderator Rob B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Near Cows in the Garden State
    Posts
    10,896
    Quote Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
    I also regularly list fantasy related ebook deals on my blog (usually several times a week), if you like this sorta thing. I sometimes list mystery/thriller/espionage deals, too.
    I've always enjoyed your blog Jeff, in all its incarnations. Now that I've got a Kindle, I make sure to visit it everyday since you are so on top of the discounted/free eBook deals.
    Last edited by Rob B; December 29th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

  8. #53
    Nashville Reader
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    145
    Thanks, Rob! I feel like the blog has turned into a new release and ebook deals blog the last 6 months. Hopefully in the upcoming year I'll be more active on the review front (especially if I add music reviews). Sorry for the off-topic post, just wanted to say thanks for the plug.

  9. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    the lower highlands of Michigan, atop a hill, within a forest
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post

    I'm a bit lost as to how to get this on my iPad 2 (with Kindle app)for free. I am at the Amazon page that clearly lists it as 0.00 for Prime members, which I am, but the only options on the right side of the screen are to buy it for $5.95, or sample the beginnining of the book free.

    Can anyone tell me what I'm, missing here? I would realy like to pick this up. Thanks for any help with this.

  10. #55
    sapper-in-chief Whiskeyjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Western Honduras
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaim Grymauch View Post
    I'm a bit lost as to how to get this on my iPad 2 (with Kindle app)for free...
    Most (but not all) of these free ebook offers are time-limited, usually for only 24 hours. The Resnick book is no longer listed as a free offer.

  11. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    the lower highlands of Michigan, atop a hill, within a forest
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Most (but not all) of these free ebook offers are time-limited, usually for only 24 hours. The Resnick book is no longer listed as a free offer.
    The link I just atached shows it as still free to read for Prime members, but I can't determine how you do that.


    http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Born-Si...sr=1-1-catcorr

  12. #57
    sapper-in-chief Whiskeyjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Western Honduras
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaim Grymauch View Post
    The link I just atached shows it as still free to read for Prime members, but I can't determine how you do that...
    Jaim, sorry I missed the part about you being a Prime member. According to the Amazon site, the borrow-for-free option for Prime members is only available for reading on a Kindle device. It isn't available for reading on any of the free Kindle apps such as for the iPad.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...757120&ie=UTF8

  13. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    the lower highlands of Michigan, atop a hill, within a forest
    Posts
    18
    Thanks for the clarification, Whiskeyjack. And congratulations for grabbing one of the most hallowed names in Fantasy fiction for your nom de plume.


    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    Jaim, sorry I missed the part about you being a Prime member. According to the Amazon site, the borrow-for-free option for Prime members is only available for reading on a Kindle device. It isn't available for reading on any of the free Kindle apps such as for the iPad.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...757120&ie=UTF8
    Last edited by Jaim Grymauch; January 1st, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Harper Voyager has placed a number of titles on sale as well:

    $1.99 books
    Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison
    Rides of a Dread Legion by Raymond Fiest
    Earth Strike: Star Carrier by Ian Douglas
    Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb
    Dragon Keep by Robin Hobb
    Question about two of these books - can I read "Rides a Dread Legion" without having read any of Feist's other books, or will I be missing out on necessary backstory?

    Similar question for Hobb's "Dragon Keeper"...the description on Amazon.com refers to it as "an absorbing extension of her Liveship and Tawny Man trilogies". I have never read anything by Hobb; will I be confused without reading the aforementioned trilogies first, or can I start with Dragon Keeper?

  15. #60
    Lemurs!!! Moderator Erfael's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Up a tree
    Posts
    4,874
    I think you can start with Dragon Keeper if you really want to, but I think the Dragon books work best for people who already have read the others and liked them. I don't think there's as much there for people who don't already actively like the setting and what's gone before with that story.

    I guess that's a short way of saying that if you want to try Hobb, I think it would be best if you started with the Assassin books.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •