Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Books 1 and 2 are really good.

The third is, um... not worth getting a strike over.

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Forever War on Sale until 9/15

Joe Haldeman's classic Forever War will be on sale for just $3.99 until September 15.

The Prince Commands: Being Sundry Adventures of Michael Karl, Sometime Crown Prince & Pretender to the Thrown of Morvania by
    Andre Norton

Few authors have achieved such renown as World Fantasy Life Achievement honoree and Grand Master by the Science Fiction Writers of America, Andre Norton. With the love of readers and the praise of critics, Norton's books have sold millions of copies worldwide.

Search Andre Norton on Amazon and there's currenty a bunch of e-novels from free to $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/The-Prince-Com...s_158576011_20

Cthulhu's Red Bucket Lucas Thorn's Avatar
    david dalglish is always having his first books in his series free, or cheap as chips.

and robert rankin is currently releasing his back catalogue book by book. when he brings out a new one, it's usually cheap or free for a few days. if you're a fan of comedy scifi/steampunk, with a sense of humour only just under douglas adams (and only by a nonometre), rankin's clearly awesome. one of my favourites. i recommend retromancer as a starter, because that's what i started with and it dropped my jaw onto my toe so hard i heard it break. my jaw, now my toe. my toe was protected by steelcaps.

Subterranean Press is having an ebook sale. I believe that prices range from .99-2.99.

One I think Hobbit will recommend.

Son of Heaven, the first in David Wingrove's Chung Kuo series is 99p on the Kindle UK store.

The first two books in Lois Bujold's Sharing Knife series have been available for 99 cents for awhile now (and the other 2 books are low priced, also). Her series Curse of Chalion was exceptional (the second book won the Hugo, Nebula, and Locus Fantasy Awards in 2004), so I'm hoping Sharing Knife is also good. This might be an inexpensive way for someone considering trying her out to get into one of her series.
    Book 1. Beguilement
    Book 2. Legacy
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; September 14th, 2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: fix links

The Child Thief by Brom - $1.99

Been meaning to read this for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    The first two books in Lois Bujold's Sharing Knife series have been available for 99 cents for awhile now (and the other 2 books are low priced, also). Her series Curse of Chalion was exceptional (the second book won the Hugo, Nebula, and Locus Fantasy Awards in 2004), so I'm hoping Sharing Knife is also good. This might be an inexpensive way for someone considering trying her out to get into one of her series.
    Book 1. Beguilement
    Book 2. Legacy
    Just a bit of warning: these are actually very different from her other books, and IMNSHO much inferior. LMB really went for the romance vibe in this series.

Today (Sept 21) only, Stephen Leigh's The Woods is available for free for kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Woods-eboo...8237197&sr=1-1

Fictionwise (fictionwise.com) is having a sitewide 55% off sale this week.

This is a smallish ebook seller. They do a lot of romance, but they also have sff -- including both Analog and Asimov's magazines, and also The Magazine of F and SF through Jan 2011. They tend strongly towards epublished authors, but they also have some older established names like LMB and Michelle Sagara and others. It's worth a look around, for this price.

To get the sale price, type the code "092112" when it asks you for a coupon. I just checked it, and that one works.

eta -- oh, and the sale expires 9/24 .
    Last edited by Contrarius; September 22nd, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Blog Entries

James Herbert

Amazon uk have his latest, ' ASH' , @ 20 pence and some of his older ones @ 99pence. I think ASH has had a pretty poor reception but I bought it. Now I need to make savings in my household budget.

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Whitefire Crossing by Courtney Schafer is currently free. Not sure for how long.

[QUOTE=Lucas Thorn;695147]david dalglish is always having his first books in his series free, or cheap as chips. [QUOTE]

The Shadowdance Trilogy [Kindle Edition]
    David Dalglish - $2.99

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadowdanc...+dance+trilogy