Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    The Mongoliad is $0.99 today (May 20th) only at Amazon US. Get 'em while they're hot.

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    The Mongoliad is $0.99 today (May 20th) only at Amazon US. Get 'em while they're hot.
    Thanks for the heads up - I'm definitely interested...but cautious because of a few things.

a) So many authors!! Interested to see if this all "pulls together" but at the same time I'm used to "one captain" of a ship.

b) Not the greatest reviews coming out (3.6 with 40 reviews in) is lower than my standard threshold.

Has anyone read this - would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    ...So many authors!! Interested to see if this all "pulls together"...
    Those were my thoughts, too, Mike. Though the premise sounded interesting, I was hesitant to buy a "soup made by too many cooks"... no one cook may take sufficient interest in the quality of the final product for it to taste good. But at only 99 cents, I'll take a chance on it now. Thanks to Psylent for highlighting this Kindle deal.

The Naming, the first book of the Pellinor series by Alison Croggon (a member of this site), is currently Amazon's daily deal at $1.99.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Naming-Pel...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    The Naming, the first book of the Pellinor series by Alison Croggon (a member of this site), is currently Amazon's daily deal at $1.99.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Naming-Pel...=AG56TWVU5XWC2
    Prices change so quickly - it's back to $7.99 now.

Prices change so quickly - it's back to $7.99 now.
    I just noticed that. I wish I had checked my email sooner and been able to post that deal earlier than 5 PM, to give others more time to consider Alison's discounted ebook. Amazon seems to adhere pretty strictly to the constraints of the term "daily" when they offer a daily deal.

EDIT: fyi, just noticed that books 2-4 of Alison's series are available for $3.99 each (a semi-deal) on Amazon. Don't know why the first book of the series now costs twice that amount (seems like backwards pricing to me).
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; June 1st, 2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: edit

MoS

I just mentioned in the promotion thread, so I don't think I'm allowed to actually do links here, but a collection of mine from places like the Solaris Book of New Fantasy, Orson Scott Card's Inter Galactic Medicine Show, and Paizo's Worlds of their Own, just dropped to free for 5 days. I moved over to writing thrillers a few years back, and had a lot of success with Silver, but my roots are still fantasy and I'm very fond of these stories...

Blog Entries
    Noticed that Orbit has dropped the price of K.J. Parker's The Hammer to $2.99. Not sure how long it will be "on sale."

Noticed that Orbit has dropped the price of K.J. Parker's The Hammer to $2.99. Not sure how long it will be "on sale."
    Thanks, Michael. Just grabbed it. I loved The Folding Knife and like The Company so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

They are one of my favourite publishers.

The Kindle editions of Steven Erikson's "Gardens of the Moon" and "Deadhouse Gates" are each $2.99, as is Ian C. Esslemont's "Night of Knives". Go get 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    The Kindle editions of Steven Erikson's "Gardens of the Moon" and "Deadhouse Gates" are each $2.99, as is Ian C. Esslemont's "Night of Knives". Go get 'em!
    Awesome, might snag them so I have them portable for when I go to read the series finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    Thanks! I already had GotM on Kindle so I snagged DHG and NoK. I may not read them anytime soon but that's the great thing about the Amazon Cloud, they'll be there whenver I get around to them and I don't have to pack 'em up and cart 'em everytime I move.

Blog Entries
    Brent Week's Black Prism is $2.99.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just purchased.