Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Makes sense...I'll skip that one for now. I have "Assassin's Apprentice" on my to-read list, so I'll get around to it at some point!

How about the Feist book?

I just noticed that Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes is listing at $2.99 on Amazon...

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    I just noticed that Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes is listing at $2.99 on Amazon...
    Mark - look back at #48. Orbit has a bunch of titles on sale right now:

The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller
    Leviathan Wakes / The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham/S.A. Corey
    The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
    The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy) by Brent Weeks
    Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells
    The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith SaintCrow

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaim Grymauch View Post
    Thanks for all of the information on the discounted books. Also, I just finished reading the first two Riyria books, enjoyed them a great deal and have the next volume coming from Amazon. Good work!
    Great to hear - by first two did you mean Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire or the The Crown Conspiracy and Avempartha (which are both in Theft of Swords). Just curious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossfan2000 View Post
    In addition to the ones listed above, Angry Robot books is having a rather large $2.99 ebook sale. Too many books to list individually, though. But you can find them in the Kindle store and the Nook store. Or just visit angry robot and buy directly from them.
    Not sure this is a "complete list" but this is what I found for Angry Robot:
    FREE ANgry Robot Books
    The Nemesis Worm by Guy Haley

$1.97 Angry Robot Books
    Embedded by Dan Abnett

$2.99 Angry Robot Books
    Zoo City by Lauren Beukes
    Moxyland by Lauren Beukes
    Triumff: Her Majesty's Hero by Dan Abnett
    Nekropolis: A Matt Richter Novel (Matt Richter Novels) by Tim Waggoner
    Dead Streets: A Matt Richter Novel (Nekropolis) by Tim Waggoner
    Debris (Veiled Worlds Trilogy) by Jo Anderton
    Servant of the Underworld: Obsidian & Blood, Book 1 by Aliette De Bodard
    Bookman, The by Lavie Tidhar
    The Damned Busters: To Hell and Back, Book 1 (Hell to Pay) by Matthew Hughes
    The World House by Guy Adams
    Kell's Legend: The Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, Book 1 by Andy Remic
    Soul Stealers: The Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, Book 2 by Andy Remic
    The Road to Bedlam: Courts of the Feyre, Book 2 by Mike Shevdon
    City of Dreams & Nightmare: City of a Hundred Rows, Book 1 by Ian Whates
    Reality 36: A Richards & Klein Novel (Richards & Klein Investigations) by Guy Haley
    Sixty-One Nails: Courts of the Feyre, Book 1 by Mike Shevdon
    Pretty Little Dead Things (Thomas Usher) by Gary Mcmahon
    Roil (The Nightbound Land) by Trent Jamieson
    Book of Secrets by Chris Roberson
    Amortals by Matt Forbeck
    Edge by Thomas Blackthorne
    The Crown of the Blood by Gav Thorpe
    Damage Time by Colin Harvey
    Walking the Tree by Kaaron Warren
    Slights by Kaaron Warren
    Darkness Falling: The Forever Twilight Series by Peter Crowther
    King Maker: The Knights of Breton Court, volume 1 by Maurice Broaddus
    Winter Song by Colin Harvey
    Angel of Death by J Robert King

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Mark - look back at #48. Orbit has a bunch of titles on sale right now:

The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller
    Leviathan Wakes / The Dragon's Path by Daniel Abraham/S.A. Corey
    The Black Prism by Brent Weeks
    The Way of Shadows (The Night Angel Trilogy) by Brent Weeks
    Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells
    The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith SaintCrow
    Thanks for the heads-up, although your original post did not explicitly mention the Abercrombie book, so I thought I'd share .

Another funny thing I noticed...while you can purchase Leviathan Wakes (including the Dragon's Path) for $2.99, you'd have to pay $9.99 if you want to buy The Dragon's Path (including Leviathan Wakes). Is there any difference in the text, or is it just the order in which the books are presented? I'm interested in reading the Dragon's Path, so I want to make sure I'm getting a full version of the novel..can anyone clarify this?

David Wingrove's first two Chung Kuo books are being sold as Kindle ebooks at a reasonable price on Amazon - around $5 to $6. I'm thinking about picking them up based on Hobbit's recommendation.

I'm really annoyed at Orbit at the moment. The Leviathan Wakes ebook is still sitting at around $20 for Australian customers. I can get the physical book cheaper from the Book Depository. Why haven't Orbit offered Australians a similar deal on the book to the one that they have on offer to their US customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    I'm really annoyed at Orbit at the moment. The Leviathan Wakes ebook is still sitting at around $20 for Australian customers. I can get the physical book cheaper from the Book Depository. Why haven't Orbit offered Australians a similar deal on the book to the one that they have on offer to their US customers?
    WTF? $20 for an ebook? That's crazy.

The TPB is $30 on the shelves, so it's cheaper than that. Gollancz and Orbit keep all their new release ebooks up around this price, which is pretty appalling. Why would I buy a new release from a bookshop or buy the ebook when I can order it online for less, often significantly so?

Unless the AUS$ is of significantly less value that the US$ (and I don't think it is) that is an absurdly high price for both an ebook and a TPB.

the lower highlands of Michigan, atop a hill, within a forest
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Great to hear - by first two did you mean Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire or the The Crown Conspiracy and Avempartha (which are both in Theft of Swords). Just curious.

The Crown Conspiracy and Avempartha, in the Theft of Swords combo version. Will be starting Rise of Empire soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads-up, although your original post did not explicitly mention the Abercrombie book, so I thought I'd share .
    My mistake you are absolutely correct - for some reason I thought I had it in there (as I knew it was also discounted) but I did indeed forget to type it - thanks for catching my mistake.

Another funny thing I noticed...while you can purchase Leviathan Wakes (including the Dragon's Path) for $2.99, you'd have to pay $9.99 if you want to buy The Dragon's Path (including Leviathan Wakes). Is there any difference in the text, or is it just the order in which the books are presented? I'm interested in reading the Dragon's Path, so I want to make sure I'm getting a full version of the novel..can anyone clarify this?
    As far as I know the $2.99 Levithan Wakes still has both in there - so you get two great books for 1 price - the "powers that be" just decided not to drop both prices. But yeah it would be foolish for anyone to buy Dragon's Path right now given that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    Just change your ip address and you can buy it on the cheap...

Patrick

I just bought the $2.99 Leviathan Wakes and it does indeed have The Dragon's Path attached (the kindle one anyway). Quite a deal, even if I already did have LW.

Quote Originally Posted by pat5150 View Post
    Just change your ip address and you can buy it on the cheap...

Patrick
    Not to sound like a total newb, but I don't know how? I tried clicking my fingers and that didn't work. And, anyway, I thought I would need a US credit card too?

I have noticed Gwyneth Jones' Bold As Love series is selling for $2.99 each. I'm very tempted.