Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    As far as I know the $2.99 Levithan Wakes still has both in there - so you get two great books for 1 price - the "powers that be" just decided not to drop both prices. But yeah it would be foolish for anyone to buy Dragon's Path right now given that situation.
    Thanks for clarifying - I'll probably snatch this one up while it's still at the discounted price. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some abbreviated teaser version of the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    Not to sound like a total newb, but I don't know how? I tried clicking my fingers and that didn't work. And, anyway, I thought I would need a US credit card too?

I have noticed Gwyneth Jones' Bold As Love series is selling for $2.99 each. I'm very tempted.
    Google "change ip address" with the name of your browser.

Quite simple, actually...

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by heretics fork View Post
    I just bought the $2.99 Leviathan Wakes and it does indeed have The Dragon's Path attached (the kindle one anyway). Quite a deal, even if I already did have LW.
    LOL! I was wondering why I was at 52% after finishing! Didnt realize I had another book.

But yeah, this is a no brainer buy as both books seem likely to make the top 10 books of 2011 once the votes are tabulated.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke_B View Post
    Not to sound like a total newb, but I don't know how? I tried clicking my fingers and that didn't work. And, anyway, I thought I would need a US credit card too?

I have noticed Gwyneth Jones' Bold As Love series is selling for $2.99 each. I'm very tempted.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing how as well. Another noobie.

Not sure you need a US credit card. I have a friend from Serbia who download ebooks via Amazon so the fake ip address probably works. Because he doesn't have a US credit card, that's for sure...

Try entering a new credit card, perhaps?

Patrick

The Price of Spring (Long Price Quartet) by Daniel Abraham is $6.99.

$6.99 it doesn't seem like much of a discount until you realize it was previously priced at a gaudy $14.99. I say gaudy because as much as I enjoy Abraham's stuff, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $14.99 for a 350 page book. $6.99 is fair to me so I bought it.

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Spring-L.../dp/076531343X
    Last edited by Carlyle Clark; January 16th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Never Knew Another by J.M. McDermott ebook is free right now at amazon. It was one of my favorite read last year.

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Another-...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Edit: And it's over.

Edit: Sasha: A Trial of Blood and Steel by Joel Shepherd is also being offered for free.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sasha-Trial-Bl...1266472&sr=1-1

It's quite amazing to see these kind of deals from trad. published books at amazon. Hope to see more of this in the future.
    Last edited by wag_epal; January 17th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Not sure about Amazon, not sure how long, but American Gods (10 Anniversary Edition) is $1.99 on Barns & Noble at the moment.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/amer...th+anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyle Clark View Post
    The Price of Spring (Long Price Quartet) by Daniel Abraham is $6.99.

$6.99 it doesn't seem like much of a discount until you realize it was previously priced at a gaudy $14.99. I say gaudy because as much as I enjoy Abraham's stuff, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $14.99 for a 350 page book. $6.99 is fair to me so I bought it.

http://www.amazon.com/Price-Spring-L.../dp/076531343X
    It was probably because you can only find it in hardcover outside of eBook. Tor decided against the mmpb. I had to pay 20 something for mine. I guess it was worth it though.

Here's the Amazon link for American Gods for 1.99 as mentioned above: http://www.amazon.com/American-Gods-...7037777&sr=8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    It was probably because you can only find it in hardcover outside of eBook. Tor decided against the mmpb. I had to pay 20 something for mine. I guess it was worth it though.
    No mmpb? How frustrating. That's probably why he bailed Tor for Orbit.

Of course, there's always the Orbit UK editions, of which there's two - each containing two books (just as it's worked out for Michael J. Sullivan), and they're paperback. Can't remember which format they are, but I know they're MMPB.

Ephemera: Dark Stories by Paul S. Kemp is available for free as Kindle book. Not sure for how long, though.

Thanks for that, Rob - got that and recommended it to a friend who writes short stories of the fantastic.

This is probably well known, but I thought I'd put it here:

Baen's Free Library

You can download books to pretty much any device. I just got books like On Basilisk Station, There Will Be Dragons, 1632, and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Seak View Post
    This is probably well known, but I thought I'd put it here:

Baen's Free Library

You can download books to pretty much any device. I just got books like On Basilisk Station, There Will Be Dragons, 1632, and some others.
    And to compliment it, here's The Fifth Imperium, an unofficial (but blessed by Baen) repository of the Baen CD releases. You can get most of Weber's Baen stuff, Drake, Ringo, Bujold (I think) and so forth - a good mix of fantasy and sci-fi, and everything in between.