Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Viscount and the Witch: A Free Riyria Chronicle Short Story

As the approach of Theft of Swords nears, I wrote a little short story about the two main characters. For those that aren't familiar with the series it's a great way to "get a taste" with little investment in time (15 - 30 minutes) and no money.

ABOUT THE BOOK
    Eleven years before they were framed for the murder of a king, before even assuming the title of Riyria, Royce Melborn and Hadrian Blackwater were practically strangers. Unlikely associates, this cynical thief and idealist swordsman, were just learning how to work together as a team. In this standalone first installment of The Riyria Chronicles, Royce is determined to teach his naive partner a lesson about good deeds. Join Royce and Hadrian in this short story (5,400 words) about one of their earliest adventures.

Here are some places you can get it Free:
    Amazon Kindle | ibookstore | Smashwords | Online (HTML) | PDF | All other ebook fomats
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; October 28th, 2011 at 06:36 AM.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    I read this the other day and really enjoyed it. You asked if we wanted to read more about Royce and Hadrian, and considering how you end the series it will have to be prequels. Well that is fine by me. I love how the two are together and would love to read more stories of the duo. But I also understand if you are ready to move onto other things and will greatly look forward to those also. Whatever you write from now on joins a list of some of my "must read" authors. Just keep us informed

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    I read this the other day and really enjoyed it. You asked if we wanted to read more about Royce and Hadrian, and considering how you end the series it will have to be prequels. Well that is fine by me. I love how the two are together and would love to read more stories of the duo. But I also understand if you are ready to move onto other things and will greatly look forward to those also. Whatever you write from now on joins a list of some of my "must read" authors. Just keep us informed
    Thanks for weighing in and what a fine compliment...I really appreciate that. I'm not the least bit tired of writing R&H because the reality is...I've not done it for years. Percepliquis (Book 6) was finished in 2008 so The Viscount and the Witch was the first thing I've written about them in 3 years. I've done a lot of "editing" of the Riyria Revelations between 2008-2011 both when self-published and then again for Orbit but it is fun to write "new stuff" both in and out of Elan.