Hybrid View

Theft of Swords - The First Riyria Omnibus

The time is almost here for the release of Theft of Swords! I just finished the book last night and I liked it a lot.

Good layering of plot and backstory throughout, I have to say.

I'll be interested (as I'm sure Michael and Robin will be) to see what people who read the Ridan versions have to say about these new editions.

Review to come soon...

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    The time is almost here for the release of Theft of Swords! I just finished the book last night and I liked it a lot.

Good layering of plot and backstory throughout, I have to say.

I'll be interested (as I'm sure Michael and Robin will be) to see what people who read the Ridan versions have to say about these new editions.

Review to come soon...
    Hey Rob, I'm glad you liked the story. Yes I would be most interested in hearing about the differences between the two - although for the most part there are not many. I was happy that Orbit liked the storyline as it was - it did give me an opportunity to tweak things a bit, but I suspect most changes people won't even notice.

Theft of Swords actually is ALREADY available in the UK - I guess I didn't realize it had an earlier release date until I saw people on facebook and sending me emails that they just picked it up. That is very exciteing.

Anyway...can't wait to read the review Rob. Please let me know when it goes up.

Michael, you'll be the first to know when the review is live! I think you'll like what I have to say.

I will say this book might have earned a spot in my personal Omnibus Hall of Fame ( PeterWilliam)

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Once I've finished grad school (i.e. March 1), I'll get more play-online time. One of the things I am considering is a year-end popular vote, or merely appointment by, of course, myself for the omnibus award. All are eligible, however once awarded, that particular omnibus goes out of future runnings. It shall be called.....what else would I call it?.....Omnibus Prime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Once I've finished grad school (i.e. March 1), I'll get more play-online time. One of the things I am considering is a year-end popular vote, or merely appointment by, of course, myself for the omnibus award. All are eligible, however once awarded, that particular omnibus goes out of future runnings. It shall be called.....what else would I call it?.....Omnibus Prime.
    Ominibus Prime - that's FANTASTIC. What a great name!

Blog Entries
    Michael, you'll be the first to know when the review is live! I think you'll like what I have to say.

I will say this book might have earned a spot in my personal Omnibus Hall of Fame ( PeterWilliam)
    OMG - I just got done writing for the night and saw this...but I can't find the review -- torture!! What am I missing? Can you post a link please. I'm dying to hear what you thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    OMG - I just got done writing for the night and saw this...but I can't find the review -- torture!! What am I missing? Can you post a link please. I'm dying to hear what you thought.
    Review isn't finalized just yet. Soon.

Blog Entries
    Review isn't finalized just yet. Soon.
    Oops...I should have read more closely - I just got so dang excited. I'll be over here...waiting...patiently.

Looking forward to it.