trying to find name of movie

I believe it was made late 1970's early 1980's and was on VHS, it was definately in color and an american movie. The star/hero is a criminal, he breaks into an aircraft hangar to steal a "computer cartridge" I think. He is disturbed and to escape flies a private space craft (looked like a streamlined version of the craft used in dark star) through the hangar doors damaging the craft forcing it into a "5 year" I think, orbit. As the craft is leaving the atmosphere he sees giant mother ship/s approaching earth. The spaceship's artificial intelligence is a female voice. When he returns he passes a defence satelite built by the aliens but staffed by humans who self destruct the satelite preventing the aliens knowing of his return. When he lands on earth a woman on horse back takes him to her camp (the whole film is in country type settings) where they discover who he is. The cartridge he stole is the key to a genetic weapon built by humans just before the invasion that can kill anyperson or group by entering their dna code. The aliens were humanoid with faces like a cross between a pig and gorilla. They build bases which are mounds of dirt and they happen to build one directly over this secret underground dna weapon. The hero/thief then meets up with the scientist who built the weapon, who has now become a gang leader and together they work their way into where the weapon is. Once there they are faced with a problem they don't know the genetic code of the aliens. Their solution is to kill everything not native to earth. I have been trying to track this down for the last 20 years or so.
    Thanks Andrew

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi lout/Andrew,

I moved your thread to here, as you might get more responses if it's in the right forum - maybe.

Good luck with your search.

I don't have a clue, but it sounds like a Riddick movie (cool flicks), but the decades are wrong. Anyway, good luck.