Name of old sci finovel

Greetings!
    There is a novel I started reading a long time ago that for some reason I never got to finish, I remember the basic plot but not the auther or the title so I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to tell me the name of the novel and perhaps the auther.
    The book was about interstellar travel done through the second dimension due to shorter distances between the stars. They traveled in sailing ships that were mirrored at the keel and intersected the flat plane of the 2 dimensional universe. The technology was all very primitive due to the stresses of this lesser universe degrading anything of advanced technology.
    I'm afraid I don't remember much more then that about it due to it being a rather long time ago that I first read it.
    Anyway thanks for your time and hopefully someone can help me out with finding this book again.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    It's not your book but you might like them anyway. David Drake's RCN series uses electromagnetically charged sails to travel through multiple universes to effectively short cut our own universe.

Read interesting books
    This sounds like The Two Space War by Dave Grossman and Leo Frankowsky; if this is the book, there is a sequel called Guns of Two Space

Quote Originally Posted by suciul View Post
    This sounds like The Two Space War by Dave Grossman and Leo Frankowsky; if this is the book, there is a sequel called Guns of Two Space
    That's the one Suciul! Thank you so much for your help. Finally I can finish the book and if there is a sequel it would appear I have even more reading to do!
    Also it would appear that it's not as old as I had first thought, only published in 2004.
    Last edited by Cobaltwolf; November 21st, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffalump View Post
    It's not your book but you might like them anyway. David Drake's RCN series uses electromagnetically charged sails to travel through multiple universes to effectively short cut our own universe.
    Ooo thanks, I have read a few of David Drake's books, I will have to give that series a look into ^^ Thanks for the recommendation!

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltwolf View Post
    That's the one Suciul! Thank you so much for your help. Finally I can finish the book and if there is a sequel it would appear I have even more reading to do!
    Also it would appear that it's not as old as I had first thought, only published in 2004.
    Happy to help!