Thread: Laura Resnick

Laura Resnick

I would like to know if anybody read "In Legend Born" and if yes do you know if she is writing a sequel.

Yep I read it. A very good read indeed. She is writing a sequel, called. "In Iron Forged".
    Which will take a long time to come out. I think JUNE 2003.

Is it possible i read about "In fire born" somewhere but i really don't know. Does anybody???

HELP

I emailed Ms. Resnick about 6 months ago with this same question and she had just submitted her first draft to the publisher. She had no set date yet for the release due to the various editing and rewriting that might need to take place, but she said that the sequel title will be In Fire Forged.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar

Since there was already a titled thread...

After having just finished what is now being called the Chronicles of Sirkara, I was interested to see if the author had any future plans to return to that setting. I went in search of an author site, hopefully complete with an FAQ. Lucky me!

Resnick's return to that setting will involve books about the nations of the Kint, the Moorlanders and the Valdani Empire. Books titled The Palace of Heaven and Arena are planned, with a tentative date of 2013 listed for the publication of TPoH.

/thread necromancy

I got about half way into In Legend Reborn but never finished it. What is the general opinion? Is it worth it?

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arinth View Post
    I got about half way into In Legend Reborn but never finished it. What is the general opinion? Is it worth it?
    I would say yes. However, it depends on what you enjoy in fantasy fiction. The story centers loosely around political intrigue, which is heavily anchored by centuries of cultural antagonism - both internally and externally. The characters are well considered and also battle significant internal and external circumstances. That having been said, it is rather light on action and overall badassery - something that doesn't really bother me at all. Speaking in a very broad and general sense, it seemed like an insightful examination of the whole spectrum of human motivations.

I just looked it up due to this thread, and to my surprise you can currently get it for free on amazon for the kindle.

Thanks Quimby! I just downloaded it for my Kindle.

For others interested, here's the direct link.

It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    So, is this going to be in the book club? and does it work OK as a standalone, or I must buy also the next two books?

It's not a book club book on the menu so far, but if it gets a wide enough rerelease down the line somewhere, it certainly sounds like a good candidate.

im reading this atm moment picked it up for free im about 1/3 of the way through and so far its pretty good some little things annoy me but on the whole its worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
    I just looked it up due to this thread, and to my surprise you can currently get it for free on amazon for the kindle.
    Nice, I had never got around to tracking down a used mmpb copy. Now I don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pub View Post
    im reading this atm moment picked it up for free im about 1/3 of the way through and so far its pretty good some little things annoy me but on the whole its worth a read
    Finished this book and im quite suprised i looked at authors other books and she seems to write a few romance novels certainly not my thing but suprised me quite a bit.

Her inspiration from sicily really comes across. I found enjoyable and had a decent storyline with a good plot going will be buying the 2nd and 3rd book later but found myself reading something else instead now.