Thread: Good news

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good news

Just found out from the publisher has just ordered a second printing for the first two books, Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire. While Rise is on the shelves it's not really its release date yet ;-)

As a new author I didn't expect to sell out the first printing at all...least of all in a few weeks of release. I want to thank everyone who is supporting the series.
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; December 29th, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Great news, Michael!

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Congratulations. Glad to hear it is working out so well.

That's great to hear! Here's to a third and a fourth

Wow, that's amazing. Congrats.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all...I'm new to this whole "big publishing" thing - it took me over a year to sell just 2,200 copies from my first small press run. Technically thinking they are working off of "buy-in" not "sell-through" so hopefully they won't get a huge amount of returns in 60 days.

This is good stuff and well deserved. I still have to be sure to buy my copies of these omnibus editions, but I think I'll hold off until I finish with the Ridan Percepliquis edition, and then do a complete re-read via the Orbit editions. Looking forward to reading the ending to the series though, it's been a great read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    This is good stuff and well deserved. I still have to be sure to buy my copies of these omnibus editions, but I think I'll hold off until I finish with the Ridan Percepliquis edition, and then do a complete re-read via the Orbit editions. Looking forward to reading the ending to the series though, it's been a great read.
    Thanks...it has been a fun series to write and I'm as anxious as anyone for Percepliquis to be out. The Omnibus versions really aren't much different from the originals - there is a new "start" to the series - but you can read that online from my website or the Riyria Facebook pages. That's not to say that I'm sure Orbit would appreciate a purchase of their version - just didn't want you to think you "have to."

Yeah, I realize that the differences aren't very significant, mostly I just want to get the Orbit versions for any re-reads I might do in the future. Although I think I'll probably go with the e-book versions anyways, as I've been doing my reading almost exclusively on my kindle lately. I've only got Wintertide as an e-book so far, so it makes sense to get the Orbit omnibus editions. We'll see.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    Yeah, I realize that the differences aren't very significant, mostly I just want to get the Orbit versions for any re-reads I might do in the future. Although I think I'll probably go with the e-book versions anyways, as I've been doing my reading almost exclusively on my kindle lately. I've only got Wintertide as an e-book so far, so it makes sense to get the Orbit omnibus editions. We'll see.
    Reading on ebooks so oh so convienent. I use a kindle in the day (I love the e-ink) and an ipad at night. Can't beat that with a stick.