Newspaper cartoon strips

Hey all I was reading the newspaper today and came to the comics page and thought what drop in quality from the golden age of the 80's that got me reminiscing so here is my list of the best of the best. Hope no one finds this topic to off base.

1. The Far Side: favorite single toon is one called "conversation stoppers"
    2. Bloom County intelligent inanity is the best description. A little sad that one could just substitute certain names and situations eg video games for music videos, Afghanistan for the falklands how little we have progressed, sigh need a dandelion patch to sit in!
    3. Calvin and Hobbes best exit ever in any media type and heart and humor aplenty
    4.Doonesbury especially the early surreal years
    5. Dilbert still occasionally makes me laugh out loud

Those are mine how about yours as you can see humor is what counts to me I know there are other greats out there.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Gerberc,

Here are my top 5 comic strips:
    • Get Fuzzy
    • The Far Side
    • Non Sequitur
    • Jesus and Mo
    • Peanuts

Ah, I love lists!

My Top 5
    1. Get Fuzzy
    2. Non Sequitur
    3. Garfield
    4. Baby Blues
    5. Family Circus (This is more a sense of wonder as to how long it's been around despite being totally unimaginative and almost impossibly dull.)

Garfield made it onto the list, mainly because of that spinoff "Garfield Minus Garfield" which was maybe more hilarious than the original concept.

Always a fan of Family Circle, Calvin and Hobbes, For Better or Worse, Hi and Lois, Spider-Man

I can remember as a kid, cutting out the Spider-Man strips out of the daily paper, and stapling them together into one long roll that I could roll and unroll, and it got to be a couple inches thick because I just kept adding to it. Good times, good times.

doodle and peanuts
    as you can see,this 2 comic strips are very good so it is advertise by yahoo messenger

Close to Home and The Argyle Sweater are the closest thing to Far Side today.

My favorite current strip is Pearls Before Swine. Never fails to bring a smile to my face.

The Far Side
    Calvin & Hobbes
    BC
    Bloom County
    Dilbert

It's illustrative I think that four out of five of my faves are no longer being made. I'd better start learning to talk like grandpa Simpson, I guess.

Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes, did some art recently for "Pearls Before Swine". Here are the strips:

2014/06/04
    2014/06/05
    2014/06/06

Lots of repeats on these lists.
    I'll toss Foxtrot on the pile, since nobody's mentioned it yet. The Far Side and Calvin and Hobbes are also both personal favorites.

But let's face it, webcomics blow newspaper comics out of the water.