Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Excellent, thanks Mark. Like everyone else, I look forward to how it all ends. I might read them all again prior to the final book ..... might.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No problem, Ozzie.

I keep meaning to try the series again: I stalled at about Book 5, I think.

Some days I think 'Life's too short.' Other days I really want to give them another go.

Might do that, now the series is complete.

Mark
    Mark

I have some catching up to do, I think I got to maybe book 9 before shelving the series until it was finally finished. I'll probably start at the beginning, not really looking forward to some of those middle books though.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    I have some catching up to do, I think I got to maybe book 9 before shelving the series until it was finally finished. I'll probably start at the beginning, not really looking forward to some of those middle books though.
    Same with me. I really wanna finish this series but the last book I read was Winter's Heart around 10 years ago. I've forgotten a lot and not sure if I wanna take the time to re-read the whole series. Anyone know if theres a synopsis out there of each novel?

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You mean, like this?

Sure those links lead to a more detailed summary if needs be.

Mark
    Mark

My son-in-law gave me all his WOT books and one day when I had no SF to read I picked up The Eye of the World and I was hooked. I finished Knife of Dreams about a month before The Gathering Storm was published. I immediately re-read the series and was astonished at all the details I'd skimmed over the first time.

Then I discovered Leigh Butler's re-read blog on the TOR site and it's showing me even more details I've missed, and well as being a very entertaining and funny blog. It's a fun way to catch up with the books without having to read 800 pages per book. I'm planning on reading her posts about Towers of Midnight in the month before A Memory of Light comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by EllenS View Post
    Then I discovered Leigh Butler's re-read blog on the TOR site and it's showing me even more details I've missed, and well as being a very entertaining and funny blog. It's a fun way to catch up with the books without having to read 800 pages per book. I'm planning on reading her posts about Towers of Midnight in the month before A Memory of Light comes out.
    Yeah, Leigh does a terrific job with this project. It really is a time consuming beast for her, or at least I'd imagine. In my own re-read of the series, I've been bouncing into her re-read to follow-along.

I'm very excited about this probably the greastest most defining fantasy i've ever read. Jordan got me into fantasy i still remember the day when i was 13 and went to the library with mum and picked up his book .

I will will be doing a relisten (bought all the audio book versions a few years back) at work leading up to the release theres just so much depth and detail to remember it all

Hooray! Now, to re-read or not to re-read, that is the question...

Perhaps try the audible version. It might take a year to listen to all the books, but that should time out nicely with the release. (Personally took me 3 months, but I'm obsessive) The pace does not seem to slow at all in that medium. My only fear now is that the audible version will not be ready at release and I won't be able to read all the names without pain. I can hear them just fine, but methinks the written names will be very different to what I remember from years and years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KatG View Post
    That being said, I've found it very hard to start the books so far. There is a period between when I've bought them and when I actually start reading. It's like I have to get myself ready and not just because they are big. It's a little bit painful. But I'm glad there will be an ending.
    I have that a bit myself. I call it "the walk from book store to bus stop".

TGS and ToM surpassed my admittedly quite elevated expectations. I am almost salivating at the thought of finally reading the epic conclusion to the World of Time.

(I'm also resisting the urge to email-bomb Sanderson to demand he finish book 2 of the Stormlight Archive).

I'm both excited and sad, I started reading these books when I was 11. It seems almost impossible for it really to be over.

I got a sneak peak. Apparently Rand and Shaitan are running a con game a la American Gods. Rand ditches his wives and runs off with Bela.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Hooray! Now, to re-read or not to re-read, that is the question...
    I'll be re-reading for sure. Figure that I'll started about 3 months before the release and throw in other books to set the pace

I cannot imagine doing a reread - I'd love too but it would take me forever. Good luck to you intrepid readers. Let us know how its going.