Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    It seems like Tor Books were thinking November 2012 as an actual release date. Look at page ten of this catalog:

http://edelweiss-assets.abovethetree...0no%20mark.pdf

AMoL was later pushed back to January 2013.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Yup. I'm sure Sanderson will ( and has) taken credit or the delay because he slightly missed his deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfânion View Post
    Yup. I'm sure Sanderson will ( and has) taken credit or the delay because he slightly missed his deadline.
    He still got it done in plenty of time for a fall 2011 release. However he did say they wanted to spend more time editing this one.

Personally, I bet the delay is due to Michael Whelan taking over the cover art. He typically asks to have a draft of the book a year before it's due to release--in fact that's why RJ didn't choose to go with him in the first place.

Very excited!

I thought the last WoT book did a good job of putting the series back on the rails and bringing it in some sort of full circle. Some of those middle books were such a chore to get through. I really hope this is everything that I've wanted it to be!

Does anybody know anything about the current status of AMOL? I just checked Brandon's website and the progress bar on the top left still says: 2nd draft 100%. It's been this way for at least a couple of months now. Am I to take it that this means he has not started on the 3rd draft yet?

The book is publishing the first week of January 2013. It is currently in the revision stages.

Good news; however, the cover has been revealed

I like it. I think Whelan's done a good job of mixing his own style with that of Sweet (although it's arguably more Whelan's own style).

It doesn't look out of place with the others.

Thanks. Literally the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw the cover was, "Oh, wow."

I agree with Loerwyn; it's Whelan's own style for sure, but it doesn't feel out of place with Sweet's work either. It's truly a breathtaking cover, though.

Question: I haven't read any of the Wheel of Time books (although I have bought them and plan to read them); so, can someone tell me what sword he's holding?

Quote Originally Posted by bigal123 View Post
    Thanks. Literally the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw the cover was, "Oh, wow."

I agree with Loerwyn; it's Whelan's own style for sure, but it doesn't feel out of place with Sweet's work either. It's truly a breathtaking cover, though.

Question: I haven't read any of the Wheel of Time books (although I have bought them and plan to read them); so, can someone tell me what sword he's holding?
    Looks like "Callandor". It's more of an item of power than a true sword

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Items_o...ower#Callandor

I really like that cover, Whelan did a great job. It definitely won't look out of place beside the others in the series, but is probably the best cover of them all.

I like this cover too, but something about it troubled me when I saw it. Then it struck me- from the perspective we readers see, we are already inside Shayol Ghul!! The implications seem dire...

Number Ten Ox

I think it's so appropriate that the final cover of the series is done by an artist who has stayed completely true to the spirit of the original artworks, without trying to counterfeit the style. I also think it might be my favourite cover. Rand's face shows his journey.

Supercalifragilistic
    It looks like Matt will be there with him.

It's kind of a weird pose.

regarding the pose: it is indeed a strange one, but not as strange as the fotoshopped position of Mat.

O how i loved that series at the start and then grew to hate it, hate hate hate. Especially half way through the series when whole books were dedicated to bloody SIDEQUESTS. And the endless moaning and bitching of the female characters brrrrrr.

Turned to Martin and Eriksson and haven't looked back since.