Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    It never entered my mind algernoninc's Avatar
    it's not a weird pose: if you're going spelunking you don't want your light in front of your eyes, you want it out of your line of sight. Best if you have a lantern on you headband that leaves your hands free.

The cover is nice. I can't wait to read the final installment of the wheel of time series.

Yes! Finally, I guess i gotta do a reread before it comes out. Although thats a lot to get through with so many other great authors out there!

Just checked Brandon's blog and he's on the FINAL draft!

A Memory of Light Prologue (Potential Spoilers)

Was just wondering if there was anyone who decided to buy or pirate the AMoL prologue and their thoughts if they did. I felt that the prologue is a great set up, particularly the Talmanes portions. Can't wait for January now!

OK folks, going forward I'll be merging any new pre-publication AMOL threads that crop up into this thread so we can keep all the discussion in place.

Once the book publishes (likely before it), one of us moderators will create 2 discussion threads for the book a spoiler and a non-spoiler thread.

I am currently reading The Gathering Storm and I am absolutely loving it. Just had to share that with someone.

I started the series some 15 years ago and loved it but I lost faith at book 7. After Mr. Jordan died and B. Sanderson was engaged to finish the series I decided that I would read the concluding books. I skipped the books 7 through 11, and read the excellent recaps written by werthead at his blog.

Sanderson has managed to bring back this series to its original glory, and I am thankful for that, and I am sure that Mr. Jordan would be satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaros View Post
    I am currently reading The Gathering Storm and I am absolutely loving it. Just had to share that with someone.

I started the series some 15 years ago and loved it but I lost faith at book 7. After Mr. Jordan died and B. Sanderson was engaged to finish the series I decided that I would read the concluding books. I skipped the books 7 through 11, and read the excellent recaps written by werthead at his blog.

Sanderson has managed to bring back this series to its original glory, and I am thankful for that, and I am sure that Mr. Jordan would be satisfied.
    Couldn't agree more. I've loved these books from the first paragraph. But just like you, book7 they started becoming filler. I would never recommending skipping 4books in a series, even if they are bad. To each his own. But I've said this to anyone who will listen...Sanderson has done an amazing job. Not good, adequate, or satisfying. He has done AMAZING! Now I hope I don't regret those words with the final book, but the last 2 have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by chris777 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I've loved these books from the first paragraph. But just like you, book7 they started becoming filler. I would never recommending skipping 4books in a series, even if they are bad. To each his own. But I've said this to anyone who will listen...Sanderson has done an amazing job. Not good, adequate, or satisfying. He has done AMAZING! Now I hope I don't regret those words with the final book, but the last 2 have been great.
    I see your point about skipping but I guess I was just too eager to start reading the final trilogy. Anyway, werthead has done such a great job with the summaries of all 11 books that I didn't feel like I had missed very much. As my life is rather hectic at the moment and I don't have time for the actual reread, i decided to read all eleven recaps to remind myself about everything that has been happening and to bridge the gap.

I got my pre-order audiobook version in on audible. Have to say got a great deal RRP of $56 i got it for 1 credit which only cost me $12 when i got 3 credits for $35 earlier in november. Release date less than 10 days now i dont think i'll have time for a re-listen of every book

Why is the ebook release date on April 9, three months after release? I'm hoping someone will tell me that it's a production issue and not because Tor wants me to buy a hardcover book.

I'm pretty sure Tor wants you to buy a hardcover lol

It's been Harriet's decision I believe. People always say "they just want more money" but it's my guess that maybe she's one of those who hates ebooks and think they bring down all physical book stores. A lot of people are like that, especially older people.

Sanderson has discussed this on his blog before, but I can't find the specific one. It was definitely Harriet's decision, but I don't think it was so much that she hates ebooks as it is that she hates how easy it is to pirate ebooks. Putting it 3 months later is probably just ensuring that they get as much sales out of the hardcover as they can, before it becomes readily available for people to download for free from torrent websites.

Hey folks, as per our standard operating procedure for these things, I created two discussion threads for A Memory of Light. Once the book publishes, we'll be closing this thread to direct all discussion to those to threads, which can be found here:

A Memory of Light (OFFICIAL NON-SPOILER THREAD)

A Memory of Light (OFFICIAL SPOILER THREAD)