Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Denn:

I didn't even realize I did that, I can be a nitpicking prick without even realizing it, he he.

Back to Lensmen though, the version I have has a nice introduction by J. Michael Straczynski (sp?), creator of Bablyon 5.

I have my problems with OTHERLAND.
    I think the idea is very good - he takes a classic fantasy theme, going from one world to another, but gives it a completely new turn.
    On the other hand it's sf at its best because he picks up crucial developments of our time and extends it in a credible way to the future.It's fascinating.
    But the writing!!
    I couldn't finish the second book (although I'm a very forgiving reader). I got too annoyed with him bringing ever more new characters into the story instead of t e l l i n g the story.
    By now he has to handle so many characters, it seems he doesn't know how to keep them busy.
    For example: the beginning of the second book

****possible spoiler******

How long did they drift on this oversized leave asking each other "What shall we do now?"
    It does my head in.

Ntschotschi: I sort of agree with you about Otherland book #2. It did move kind of slow. If you haven't read #3, Mountain of Black Glass, you should pick it up. The story REALLY picks up steam in MOBG.

King of the Lurkers. Moderator Keyoke's Avatar
    Scifi recommendations? Here are a few that I liked alot..

Hyperion, Fall of Hyperion, Endymion, and the Rise of Endymion. Dan Simmons.

Otherland - Tad Williams

Liege Killer, The Ask Ock, Partawa - Christopher Hinz

Star-Rigger Trilogy - John DeChancie

And The Deathstalker series by Greene. Now, the last book is pretty cheesy, and not overly deep, but, I love reading it.. =)

Keyoke

Some of the BEST sci-fi I've read in the last few years have been the two brilliant novels by Vernor Vinge (A Fire Upon The Deep, A Deepness In The Sky) and the trilogy from Peter F Hamilton (The Reality Dysfuntion, The Neutronium Alchemist, The Naked God).

That's my 2 cents worth, anyways.

I'm currently reading "Dead with Ilsa." It's a self-published sci-fi e-book. The site is http://www.deadwithilsa.com.

Cadfael
    Hey drej27... are they paying you