Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They added a character named Roz who is a whore. All her scenes are tacked on gratuitous sex scenes where people talk about things you would learn in the course of reading the books but don't really get explained in the dialogue between characters. She gets pretty annoying by about the 5th or 6th time it happens.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    They added a character named Roz who is a whore. All her scenes are tacked on gratuitous sex scenes where people talk about things you would learn in the course of reading the books but don't really get explained in the dialogue between characters. She gets pretty annoying by about the 5th or 6th time it happens.
    Oh ok gotcha. Are the sex scenes good?

Not bad. One HBO series' sex scenes are much like any other I guess.

Nah. HBO has more wobbling wobblybits.

Rogue Warrior
    Right on. lol

Dragging this thread back on topic, I think I'm going to treat myself to the HMV exclusive packaging edition on the way home from work on Friday. It costs slightly more, but what the Hell. It would have been even cooler if there were versions available for each House and faction, so we could express our loyalties, but I guess that would be a lot to expect. And yes I know this is "exclusive" in the sense of "only 2.8 million copies available" but I like the look of it more than the standard packaging. This weekend will be almost entirely spent exploring the extras and commentaries. Who could ask for more?

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    Nah. HBO has more wobbling wobblybits.
    What I meant was more this show compared to other HBO shows. I think you are right about the wobbling wobblybits though.

Does it happen that often? I remember a scene with Littlefinger and one with Pycelle.

There's even a name for it -- "sexposition". It's done with Renly and Loras too -- not just Roz. We also saw this in HBO's Deadwood, with Al Swearengen and his favorite whores.

It's annoying to see her so much when they don't have characters that I really love. It's irksome that she's in the premier of a season that won't have the Reeds. She's just annoying. Hopefully Ser Gregor murders her and throws her in a ditch or something.

Benioff and Weiss said in a DVD commentary that we're seeing so much of Roz because they really, really like the actress. I suppose it's a coincidence that she's nude in almost all her scenes. (Boys will be boys.)

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntiePam View Post
    Does it happen that often? I remember a scene with Littlefinger and one with Pycelle.
    Ros also had a scene with Theon and with Tyrion, so it happened at least 4 times.

And apparently the term "sexposition" was coined by a TV reviewer in reference to Game of Thrones specifically, but has now caught on to the point that it has its own Wikipedia entry!

Having just watched (most of) the DVD extras for the first time, I am distinctly underwhelmed. The same quotes and interview footage are used over and over again. Really, a very poor effort.

Saturn Comes Back Around Evil Agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kged View Post
    Having just watched (most of) the DVD extras for the first time, I am distinctly underwhelmed. The same quotes and interview footage are used over and over again. Really, a very poor effort.
    I know what you mean... but I think they'd be more impressive for those people who didn't follow every bit of interview/production footage that HBO released last year, before Season 1.

The commentaries are pretty cool, though. And also, the Blu-rays apparently have a lot more (including 24 animated clips about the history of Westeros, narrated by various characters).

Rogue Warrior
    Finally getting to watch the first episodes, it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Agent View Post
    The commentaries are pretty cool, though.
    I'm getting round to them now, and indeed they are. The one by the kids (ep 3?) was unexpectedly charming, when I'd feared the worst. Maisie saying that her favourite scene was the one in her bedroom when Ned discovers her with Needle, because she'd never been in that part of the set before "and the dog was there!" was so sweet. Their parents must be physically swelling with pride.

I'm absurdly disappointed that Lena Headey's surname is pronounced "Heedy". I was hoping for "Heddy".