Thread: Jules Verne

Jules Verne

I'm a huge Jules Verne fan, and I've been getting excited about the premier of the new Mysterious Island movie. It's got the Rock in it, and is coming out in February. I did just find out though that another Mysterious Island movie is being release on the SyFy channel around the same time. This one is kind of an indie style movie that was filmed in Louisiana. I've checked out the website (www.julesvernesmysteriousisland.com) but am curious if anyone knows more about it. I don't think SyFy has started promoting it yet, but I'm looking forward to watching it and also going to see the Rock movie in theaters. Let me know if anyone knows anymore about this! Thanks!

Mysterious Island is my favourite Verne novel, but I had no idea that there's going to be not only one, but two new movies. I hope they will be good, because few years back I saw a movie adpatation of Mysterious Island and I didn't like it very much, the story was way off and well, it wasn't Mysterious Island at all

edit: I watched the trailers for both movies and so far, the syfy adaptation seems to be better, much closer to the original story.
    Last edited by ayvo; January 20th, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    I can't imagine any film with The Rock in it having anything but the most nebulous connection to anything written by Jules Verne. However, one lives in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jvtag345 View Post
    I'm a huge Jules Verne fan, and I've been getting excited about the premier of the new Mysterious Island movie. It's got the Rock in it, and is coming out in February. I did just find out though that another Mysterious Island movie is being release on the SyFy channel around the same time. This one is kind of an indie style movie that was filmed in Louisiana. I've checked out the website (www.julesvernesmysteriousisland.com) but am curious if anyone knows more about it. I don't think SyFy has started promoting it yet, but I'm looking forward to watching it and also going to see the Rock movie in theaters. Let me know if anyone knows anymore about this! Thanks!
    Don't count on it, there are no mad chases, huge explosions or beefed up heroes in the book.