New Falling Skies Trailer!

New Trailer - TNT

Pretty awesome new trailer for the series over at TNT's website, for those who haven't seen it yet. My own sense of anticipation for this keeps growing the closer we get to the series' premiere in June . As I mentioned in a previous thread, the company I work for is handling the marketing for this show, for TNT, but as a long time Sci-Fi fan, the show is definitely something that would be on my radar in any situation.

The more trailers and materials they release, the better the show looks. I think with all the alien invasion films that are being released this year, 2011 is a great year for the genre

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    I just saw this trailer at the movie Thor last night. This show is coming out in the U.S. on TNT in June. Can't wait. The trailer made this show out to be fairly intriguing.

I am really looking forward to it.

Ok, just watched the two-hour premiere. Frickin' sweet!!! For those who missed, imagine a television series engineered by Spielberg and Dreamworks that has elements from the television series V (i.e. invading/conquering aliens), the movie series Terminator (i.e. odds stacked heavily in favor of a human apocalypse; also some mechs used), the movie series Predator (i.e. an alien species that kicks a lot of ass) and the movie series Aliens (i.e. the alien species trends more into horror than sci-fi, as children are rounded up and harvested - affixed with a quasi-organic module that takes command of them, killing them if removed). Some insanely crazy fun! That having been said, such shows tend to be killed after less than one season. Hopefully TNT will put some more advertising and support up for this series. I like the television series Fringe, as well as Game of Thrones, but Falling Skies was just engrossing.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Ok, just watched the two-hour premiere. Frickin' sweet!!! For those who missed, imagine a television series engineered by Spielberg and Dreamworks that has elements from the television series V (i.e. invading/conquering aliens), the movie series Terminator (i.e. odds stacked heavily in favor of a human apocalypse; also some mechs used), the movie series Predator (i.e. an alien species that kicks a lot of ass) and the movie series Aliens (i.e. the alien species trends more into horror than sci-fi, as children are rounded up and harvested - affixed with a quasi-organic module that takes command of them, killing them if removed). Some insanely crazy fun! That having been said, such shows tend to be killed after less than one season. Hopefully TNT will put some more advertising and support up for this series. I like the television series Fringe, as well as Game of Thrones, but Falling Skies was just engrossing.
    Well stated! Like I somewhat stated above, I work for the social media marketing company that is doing some of the campaigning for the show, so there’s definitely been some professional interest in the series, but also personal as I have been a genre fan for many years.

I think the momentum that having an executive producer like Stephen Spielberg at the helm gathers, will have the show going strong for several seasons, especially as word of mouth gets out.

We can actually use this space as a place to discuss new eps on ssfworld, as the first eps(I say eps as the two part premiere will probably be classed as episodes 101 and 102), were very entertaining and very discussable.

Anyway, here is the site for the show, pretty cool in itself: http://www.fallingskies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kirkwasbetter View Post
    Well stated! Like I somewhat stated above, I work for the social media marketing company that is doing some of the campaigning for the show, so there’s definitely been some professional interest in the series, but also personal as I have been a genre fan for many years.

I think the momentum that having an executive producer like Stephen Spielberg at the helm gathers, will have the show going strong for several seasons, especially as word of mouth gets out.

We can actually use this space as a place to discuss new eps on ssfworld, as the first eps(I say eps as the two part premiere will probably be classed as episodes 101 and 102), were very entertaining and very discussable.

Anyway, here is the site for the show, pretty cool in itself: http://www.fallingskies.com/
    Checked out the website and that's pretty good.

I can't wait to see the story-line begin to develop for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    Checked out the website and that's pretty good.

I can't wait to see the story-line begin to develop for this.
    Things are getting somewhat interesting in Pope-Land. I don't trust the character at all, especially after the admission Margaret made in the last episode.

I really liked Prisoner of War btw, it showcased some awesome character development.

Filthy Assistants! Moderator kater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tbh I thought it was pretty run of the mill stuff, I'm struggling to buy Noah as his character, the military commanders almost brush the edges of parody and I'm fairly certain I saw this storyline in everything from War of the Worlds to Battle: Los Angeles. The acting at times was poor, the inevitability of the set pieces was slap the head obvious and the second episode stalled any momentum the first built up. Colour me cynical but I don't see this lasting long.

Banned
    How's this rating? I've been enjoying it and would like to see it continue. Though the production values might not be as good as GoT, imo it's got better storylines.

This series went very soft in the middle of its first season and so I didn't hold out much hope for it turning around and being as good as its initial couple of episodes were. I did watch the season 2 premiere off of the DVR last night. While it wasn't phenomenal, it was just right in terms of reacquainting viewers with the characters. It has been some time since the first season ended, and so the 2 hours premiere was a well considered blend of plot advancement and refreshing the viewers on the show's characters.