Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Love it! I gotta find more of this guy's stuff.
    *snip*
    Pretty strong also, I'd like to see an extended version of this discussion.
    Look up their Live at the Apollo performances on YT - they're good lengths for checking them out, about 10mins each.

Will do. Mass Effect ate my weekend so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it but I'm definitely interested.

I don't know Doug Benson but Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedberg were just unbelievable rockstars. I forget about Mitch Hedberg sometimes and then every time I'm reminded of him I'm so ashamed of myself, he was such a genius.
    I don't know if you are into pot humor but I assume that you are if you like Hicks and Hedburg. Doug Benson did a really funny movie called Super High Me. He is an avid pot smoker and for the movie he goes forty days without smoking weed to see the effects it has on him. He takes all kinds of tests to see how well he scores on them without the benefit of weed. Then he goes forty days smoking weed constantly and does all the same tests. It is really funny and interesting.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    My personal favorite stand up is Bill Hicks, followed closely by Martin Lawrence, and Robin Williams.

The greatest export ever from the Glasgow shipyards!

Billy Connelly!!!!!

Cheers
    Lee

Billy Connelly's bit about swimming in the North Sea is one of the funniest things ever!

I've got to say I'm ashamed I missed another comedian.

I think he's great on panel shows like QI, but his stand up is... unique. It's Bill Bailey, of course! I have Dandelion Mind on DVD and whilst I found it to be largely average, when he's funny he's extremely so. The way he melds music and comedy is genius.

Clip of him talking about ambulance sirens

Pablo Francisco, Bill Burr, and Frank Caliendo.

Caliendo gets a lot of crap for his scripted TV show, which was bad, but his stand-up has always been great.

Some of the old greats; Richard Pryor, Bill Hicks, Dave Allen, George Carlin and Denis Leary (new stuff not so good).

Also a fan of Bill Bailey, The Big Yin, Lee Evans, Jeff Dunham (ventriloquist) and Chris Rock.

I liked Jeff Dunham better about... man it must have been like 20 years ago. Before anyone knew who he was he used to go on Just for Laughs and he would work his ass off! He used to run about 6 or 7 of those puppets at a time, it was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loerwyn View Post
    I've got to say I'm ashamed I missed another comedian.

I think he's great on panel shows like QI, but his stand up is... unique. It's Bill Bailey, of course!

Clip of him talking about ambulance sirens
    I think this is my favourite bit from this thread that I didn't know about before!

I think this is my favourite bit from this thread that I didn't know about before!
    He's great. He's on QI with some regularity, too, and he's *insanely* clever.

Dave Attell and Jim Gaffigan are pretty damn funny.

hhhHHOOOOOT pocket....

Jim Gaffigan has a lot of auto-appeal for me just based on how much he talks about food.

Whenever something I find ironic or potentially humorous happens in the news I'm always eager to hear Chris Rock's take on it. On pretty much everything except his reaction to Chris Brown beating up Rihanna he really hits the nail on the head (he wasn't THAT far off how I felt about the whole Rihanna thing either at the end of the day)

Here's something fun you may not have heard: a sample of Jim Florentine's Terrorizing Telemarketers series! Florentine gets a lot of telemarketers calling where he lives so him and his buddies decided to set up recording equipment, prank the hell out of them and then sell recordings of the hilarious results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRV6e...eature=related

He's got a whole bunch of sample calls you can listen to on his website www.jimflorentine.com under the audio clips tab (Pole Guy from album 5 is probably my favourite).