Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Heir of Novron - now available

Although the official release date is not until January 31st, online retailers have changed their carts over from "preorder" to "buy now" so stock exists in warehouses and has started to ship.

I am offering a free exclusive tshirt for the the first person to post a picture of the book. They don't have to purchase it - an instore display is fine by me. For details go to my website www.riyria.com.

I saw that you also started shipping Percepliquis, which is exciting. Can't wait to finally read the conclusion to the series! I'll let you know my thoughts when I receive and finish it. Although, I'm considering buying the ebook version just so I can get started ASAP.

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Just downloaded my copy of Percipliquis and settling in for a good long read. Let you know what I thought of it when I'm done. Of course I don't doubt that I will love it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    Just downloaded my copy of Percipliquis and settling in for a good long read. Let you know what I thought of it when I'm done. Of course I don't doubt that I will love it
    I would definitely like to hear what you have to say. So far the reviews are mixed - with some loving the ending and other hating it. I guess strong emotions either way are better than "meh".

I want to be a princess sic's mom's Avatar
    Just finished Percepliquis and I have to say I loved it. Yes the ending might seem a little corny or cheesy to some, but I loved it. I don't want to give anything away, but if you have read this far into the series then you should have a pretty good idea how it will end. Although there are enough twists and turns through this last story to raise the eyebrows. This is a series I see myself reading again and again. Now to look forward to the next series. I will read the excerpt later. Right now I just want to enjoy this story of my two favorite thieves. And I can see how new stories of these two will be hard, but if you do ones before the timeline of this series, trust me I will love them too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sic's mom View Post
    Just finished Percepliquis and I have to say I loved it. Yes the ending might seem a little corny or cheesy to some, but I loved it. I don't want to give anything away, but if you have read this far into the series then you should have a pretty good idea how it will end. Although there are enough twists and turns through this last story to raise the eyebrows. This is a series I see myself reading again and again. Now to look forward to the next series. I will read the excerpt later. Right now I just want to enjoy this story of my two favorite thieves. And I can see how new stories of these two will be hard, but if you do ones before the timeline of this series, trust me I will love them too.
    Thanks so much. Most people like you have indeed enjoyed the last book - there are a few that think everything "ties up a bit too neatly" with the standard cavet being "life is messy." I can see their points but I'm writing fiction (and more importantly fantasy) so in many ways I feel it is my responsibility not to leave loose ends.

I think you'll find some nice discoveries in the re-read. Some things that were easily glossed over (as they were designed to be) might make a bit more sense now - or at least be seen a different light than the first time through. That's been one of the coolest thing about the series...the weaving. It's what made it a heck of a lot of fun for me.

I finished The Heir of Novron yesterday - Great read! I can understand the view of some readers regarding pat ending, however this did not bother me overmuch (happy endings are nice change sometimes ).

Are you planning on writing any more stories in Apeladorn? (Did I get that right?). A Hadrian/Royce spin-off (singly or as a duo) would be welcome! Another question that perplexed me...What was Thrace/Modina's age? Initially, she seemed young, like around 10 or 11, however, as events unfolded, she seemed much more mature, more fitting of someone twice her age (moreso than Alric even, who I pictured in his very late teens/early twenties). I realize that the events surrounding her earlier plotline would force her to "grow up" early, but it almost seemed that a number of years had passed...