YASID - Genetically modified Football players

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a book I read a couple of years ago. It's about a guy (journalist?).. that is investigating an american football team that is suddenly doing brilliantly and he discovers that their owner is gene-splicing the players with animals, (cheetahs for running backs, bulls/bears for linebackers etc).

Any ideaas?

The Football of Dr. Moreau?

Can we please get rid of YASID and any other superfluous acronym usage in titles that has infected other places such as rec.arts.sf.written?

Really...this was an insane eye sore of a mess, everyone using the same few acronyms instead of writing a title and expressing yourself in the text block underneath.

The same happened with RPG forums, with an acronym for something like "please judge my creation fairly"...

Actually .. I found that v. useful in the old days of rec.arts...
    It allowed people to filter as it accomplished two things.

1. The questions were usually fun to try to answer and see if you could recognise the story from often only a small snippet.
    2. Even if you couldn't answer it, very often they led you down to a story which was unique/unusual for a particular reason and lots of fun to find and read yourself.

That said.. I'm equally happy to have prefaced my title with the word "StoryID?" -

Not prefacing your title would be the best. All threads are equal, after all. Thread titles in themselves are what grabs attention, not an acronym many may not know and which is not explained in the first post.

The only worthwhile prefacing I can think of - and which are rarely used in any case, from here to Syfy.com's editor-created articles - are "Question:" or "Concern:" or "Poll:" which far better indicate that what one wants is to ask a question, adress an issue, or ask opinions, in some formal way.

I hope I'm not being rabid about this. The extreme annoyance level it got to on other sites is what prompted me to mention it. I had to self-edit what i read so I could actually get to the title.

Creature, by John Saul?