Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Marquitz View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's one of those situational ethics type things where Harlequin was no longer a threat but Porter still was, in that he could still transport people to where Britton and co. were hiding.
    Spoiler:
    Plus the whole Angel of Death scenario

I'm in a bragging sort of mood - I have an early copy of the sequel, Fortress Frontier. A few others out there do too and I know of at least one blogger/reviewer who has finished the book. I'm really looking forward to reading it soon, but I feel I have a bit of time with the official release date not coming until January.

The synopsis I have is below - it sounds like there may be a shift in the primary point of view.

The Great Reawakening did not come quietly. Across the country and in every nation, people began to develop terrifying powers—summoning storms, raising the dead, and setting everything they touch ablaze. Overnight the rules changed…but not for everyone.

Colonel Alan Bookbinder is an army bureaucrat whose worst war wound is a paper-cut. But after he develops magical powers, he is torn from everything he knows and thrown onto the front-lines.

Drafted into the Supernatural Operations Corps in a new and dangerous world, Bookbinder finds himself in command of Forward Operating Base Frontier—cut off, surrounded by monsters, and on the brink of being overrun.

Now, he must find the will to lead the people of FOB Frontier out of hell, even if the one hope of salvation lies in teaming up with the man whose own magical powers put the base in such grave danger in the first place—Oscar Britton, public enemy number one…

As Ken says, there's a blogger who's finished it. AND IT'S ME.

If you loved the first, the second is better, although it's too short and leaves things very much in the lurch for the long term. It does resolve a story line of its own though. The new protagonist Alan Bookbiner is great, and a nice departure from Britton's wishy washy meanderings.